- Chapter 19

I sat cradled in Louis’ arms as we sat on the blanket under the moon light. The stars twinkled on the lake reflecting of sweetly. The birds quietened down as the sky turned darker. The only light was the candles that were spread evenly across the bridge. Niall left after Louis had sung his song. Louis was laid down on the blanket. One arm behind his head the other around my shoulder. I was laid down next to him my body against his. My head moved up and down slowly as he breathed. We were sat in a comfortable silence.

‘did you write that song earlier?’ I said breaking the silence. I turned over so I laid on my stomach with my feet up in the air. I rested my chin on both of my hands as I looked at him answer.

‘Niall and Liam wrote it’ he said quietly.

‘So they sing as well?’ I said confused.

‘We all do’ I raised my eyebrow.

‘who’s We?’ he sighed propping himself up on his elbows.

‘Me, Harry, Niall Liam and Zayn’ he said looking into my eyes.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ I said laying back down and putting my head on his chest. I felt him sigh heavily.

‘Because I-I- I dunno’ I turned back over lifting up his head which h ad dropped. I put my finger under his chin I pouted like a little puppy until he smiled.

‘There’s that smile and don’t be scared I loved your singing’ I smiled at him pecking his lips.

‘You’re cute you know that right?’ he said smiling embracing me into a warm hug.

‘I didn’t know but now I do’

Louis could be the person who can change my life. Make it go from bad to good from worse to great. I was already falling for this boy and I’ve only known him a week.

‘Let’s get back it’s getting dark you can stop over if you want since it’s Friday’ he offered the question and I had to think.

‘Where would I sleep?’ I questioned knowing they only had 2 bunk beds in the room.

‘I have a double blow up bed that we can share if you like’ he said a little uneasy. I slanted my mouth sideways.

‘I’m not ready yet Louis’ I said quietly looking across the lake.

‘I won’t force you into anything I just don’t want to be away from you’ he said lifting my chin up. He made my heart melt when he looked into my eyes.

‘Okay I’ll stop over but I need to be back to my dorm in the morning as I’m going home for clothes and money this weekend’ I forgot I never told him about the distance between me and my mum.

‘Would you mind if I came along and met your mum?’ he said shyly. I looked at him sighing.

‘I never told you about the distance between me and my mother did i?’ I sighed again looking down.

‘no you didn’t care to explain? You don’t have to tell me when you’re ready’ he replied standing up and picking up the basket and folding the blanket, putting it in the empty basket. He grabbed my hand interlocking our finger’s together and we walked over to the bridge to clear the candles that were still alit.

‘Well my mum has a big job, she works 8am – 8pm and I never see her. I was always home alone when I came in from public school and I’d eat alone and do everything. The house was always tidy as I never had friends over to make a mess, never have spare time to make the house a mess so I just tidied. I tidied up my mums mess every day day after day. I normally fell asleep at around 9pm from being tired. I never ever spoke to my mum unless she was asking me to do something for her, she gives me money every other Saturday which would last me for 2 weeks’ I sighed.

‘I won’t tell you the amount she gives as I can’t argue for her to take any back’ Louis was blowing candles out whilst listening carefully.

‘What about your dad?’ He said quietly.

‘Well, erm he left when I was 9, he said that my mums job turned her evil and shit like that’ I looked away unhooking hands with Louis and walking to one side of the bridge. I dropped the rose that sat nicely on the edge into the river seeing the water ripple silently around the rose.

‘I didn’t know Gem I’m sorry’ I broke down. My dad was the only person who calls me ‘Gem’ Everyone normally calls me G or my full name. I looked away from him blinking constantly.

‘Are you crying baby?’ he said bringing me into a hug. I turned around and let his has rest on my waist. His head leant on my chin.

‘No’ I said sniffling and wiping my eyes.

‘What’s happened?’ He turned me around so I was facing him. M y hands wrapped around his neck, without replying I kissed him. The kiss started to heat up and I felt his tongue tracing my bottom lip. I let him in. Our tongues tangled together until we both stopped together. We leant our foreheads on each other’s. Our noses almost touching.

‘You, you happened to me and changed my life for the best’ I said wiping my eyes again.

‘Come on beautiful let’s get you inside you’re freezing’ We picked up all the candles placing them in the basket, double checking nothing had set alight.

‘I’m not that bad actually I think I’m just warm inside and my body is cold’ I said as I rubbed my arms’ His arm went around my shoulders pulling me into him. We walked past the tree in silence, enjoying each other’s company.

‘I need to go get my PJ’s from my room’ I said leading him towards the girls dorm.

‘You can borrow some of my clothes’ he said smiling. I kissed his neck. This was turning into a fairy-tale. Unsure if I get the happy ending.