- Chapter 10

Louis nodded as he walked out the room leaving me stood there going over what just happened in my head. I wanted it to be a dream so I could wake up but it wasn’t. I touched my lips with my hand.  I could smell his aftershave still lingering on my vest. I rubbed my neck and I could feel a knot tightening in there. My breathing became staggered. This happened a lot. I was having an asthma attack. Where’s my inhaler?! I started to panic as I rummaged through draw after draw my breathing becoming more uneven until I passed out. I felt myself fall into a deep pool of blackness and silence. This happened every other month but not usually this bad to where I passed out. No one knew I was here.

Louis’ POV:

I leant against the wall outside her room. I could hear her mumbling to herself. My heart was still racing. Every time I saw her my stomach erupted with butterflies. I just wanted to impress her. I was starting to fall in love with her. It was weird as you’d never think I’d fall in love with someone again. Not after what happened with Melissa I didn’t think I was able to trust again. But my heart is leading me. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud cough and heavy breathing. I heard draws ben opened and violently shut through the thin wall. I knocked on the door. No reply.

‘Gemma what’s happening?!’ No reply.

‘Just say Go away Louis and I’ll no you’re okay’ I said again with panic in my voice. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I shoulder barged it continuously but nothing happened it stayed glued to its hinges. I began to panic as she didn’t even tell me to stop banging. I sprung to my feet a burst of energy hit me and I stormed to the girls officer at the end of the dorm. I violently knocked on the door until she answered.

‘Why is there a boy in my dorm eh?!’ she said angrily.

‘No time for that I need to get into Room 317 a girl is in there and she won’t answer to anything!’ I said hurriedly and before I knew it the lady was running in front of me with her master key. She shoved the key in to the lock and opened the door to see Gemma collapsed on the floor near her drawers. I ran to her dropping to my knees.

‘Gemma?’ I spoke softly. No reply.

‘Gemma please reply?!’ No reply again.

‘I’ll go fetch first aid!’ the woman said running out of the room and towards reception. I brought her head into my lap and laid her in the recovery position. I could feel her breathing but every breath was slow and short. I saw the inhaler that was loosely grasped in her hand. I picked it up. She had an asthma attack. Why though? I sat rocking her in my arms almost crying with worry until Miss ran back with the nurse and two helpers.

‘An ambulance is on its way these men are going to help carry her down whilst the nurse checks on her.’ I gulped before letting them put her onto the stretcher and carry her down whilst the nurse fiddled with equipment.  The ambulance soon arrived and we had the nurse explaining what happened.

‘Are you her family or in a relationship with her?’ The ambulance woman said. I shook my head not actually knowing what I was.

‘Are you just a friend’ She said and I agree’d with her. I’d like for Gemma to see me as a friend but I can’t see that happening.

‘Yes I am can I come with?’ I said, I felt a lump tighten in my throat.

‘Yes sure but please could you contact any family members you know off or other close friends’

‘Sure can’ I climbed on board as the ambulance pulled away with the sirens flashing and sounding away. I texted Harry to tell him everything.

TO harry: Hey mate, going to hospital with Gemma, she had an asthma attack and it’s a bad one meet us at hospital with the girls?

I sent it, then received a call from him 2 seconds later but it wasn’t him talking.

‘LOUIS WHAT HAPPENED TO HER!?’ I heard Karine yell and then a buzzing noise.

‘IS SHE OKAY?!’ I heard her scream again.

‘Please tell me she is going to be okay?’ Amelia said in a worried voice. I could hear the wind blowing down the phone and their breath becoming un steady.

‘They don’t know yet until we get to the hospital but it looks like she could have breathing difficulties from what they have seen now, they might have to keep her in I’ll be at the hospital in about 5mins and I’ll text you what room or waiting room.’ I said and they shut up.

‘We’ll be there in 10 we are running!’ Amelia shouted.

‘The boys are coming to I think’ she said and I heard them all shout.

‘YE WE ARE!’

‘ok, ok see you soon’ I hung up the phone and took hold of Gemma’s hand. I was falling in love with this girl and I couldn’t stop myself.

IF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK VIA COMMENTS OR ON TWITTER @_1Dworldwide 

Love gemma:) <3