26- Testimony

Angels pov.

She didn't believe me. I knew she didn't I could see it in the sag of her shoulders and the tears on her grey cheeks.

"D-do you think so?" She stared up at me and I nodded. We where kneeling together in the void and suddenly I felt anger.

We where young this wasn't fair. I had never truly thought about it only concentrating on the unbearable ache in my heart.

"I mean it-"

"You know why I was always so hard on Freddy?"

"Why?"

"I liked charlotte. I knew he was friends with her and I tried to turn them against each other. I don't like her anymore but that's why I was harsh on him even though I never knew if he did like her."

I swallowed. This was unexpected. I reached out and patted Frankie's hand.

"Tell you what. I'm not that great at talking to people but I can read them well. So I'll find you a girlfriend if you want yeah?"

"Really? You'd do that for me? But I've been so horrible to you, I don't deserve it"

I hugged her awkwardly feeling a sudden lightness like a heavyweight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Frankie gasped sitting up. She was colorful again her hair a tangled mess her face scruffy but colors radiated from her and she stared at me in wonder.

"I wish you where single" she sighed wistfully and I felt my face redden before she laughed. "Kidding, jeez could you imagine how upset Finn would be? he's liked you since forever"

I laughed awkwardly before freezing. The hair on the back of my neck rose and I felt my body stiffen.

Frankie had gone still. "Shadow I-I was just-"

Darkness. I felt air rush past me then silence.

Third person POV

Frankie and shadow Freddy faced off on the cold colourless floor of the void. Black-blue flames flicked around them. The area was wide enough for the two of them to fight.

Frankie threw her hair off her shoulder and revealed a black jagged scar. Her face was scrunched up in anger. She slowly drew back and shadow made a hissing whisper as he advanced from the shadows. All the while, Frankie was holding him firmly in her gaze.

Shadow chuckled the sound echoing deep into the void. He bent down and stretched his back. He turned his neck right around and popping it with a series of clicks in rapid succession. Then, he proceeded to do the same with the rest of his body as he loosened up the rest of his limbs.

"Don't hurt Angel or I am going to break you." Frankie snarled at shadow who shrugged his shoulders, smiled, and slowly brought one foot behind his back. He put his weight on it and brought an open palm up, "Wait." he said and put his hand up to say "stop".
Frankie turned her head in curiosity.
There was a band of shadow creatures to shadow's side and they had an array of weapons crafted fully out of black iron.

"Don't kill this wrench. She's mine" ordered shadow. He turned his attention back to the small girl before him, "Now, where were we?" and with a quick flick of his clawed hand, as if to say. "Come on." Towards Frankie, the fight was on.

She rushed at the shadow, rage and pain wrought a newfound strength in her bones. He dipped and weaved right as she was about to reach him and slashed downwards with his claw. Frankie dodged rolling to the side and the blade clashed against the floor with a screech that sent sparks flying into the air.