Pt.2 Dorothy & The Murdered Patient

When Dorothy finally regained her composure, she straightened herself and continued her trek to the exits of the asylum. She wouldn't let this man take her life next. However, she was still terrified along with determined to survive. She discarded those slippers, walking through grime and gore without caring about how her dainty feet got dirty as she peeked in the rooms of the corridor. But only the ones that didn't have the sounds of someone pacing inside and banging their heads against the wall. In one of the bedrooms, or more like cells, there was an energy bar lying just so  tantalizingly on the table. Its red wrapper glinted under the dim light, the food seemed to call out to her empty stomach like a siren's song.

      Dorothy ripped the wrapper off and devoured it in just a few bites, perfect white teeth crunching through the honeyed oats. The sweet taste lingered on her tongue as she tossed the wrapper in a nearby trash bin and thought back to the man's words: "I didn't kill them. But the ones who did are also people you know." What did he mean 'also'? She didn't know him as a person, such as his personality and whatnot, but rather the sole fact he killed her parents. That's the only time she's seen him other than today, she's sure. She was also certain she didn't know anyone who would break into an asylum just to kill the patients.

        The phone buzzed in her breast pocket again. Hesitantly, the redhead took it out and read the text. This time, there was a contact name she didn't remember entering. 'Sue.' He'd typed: Don't be afraid to snoop. Look at the journal. 

        Dorothy obeyed as soon as she caught sight of what appeared to be a book lying open on the table. However, he was right, it was indeed a journal where someone had inputted their thoughts on certain events. The woman felt more and more confused with each word. It couldn't have been written by a patient, unless they were very delusional. But... Why did she feel as if they were talking about what happened at her manor?

        'Dropping like flies, they are. That brat still refuses to change her mind. The Seven Deadly Sins get angrier each day. I want to be mad at her like everyone else, but I know it's not her fault. It's her parent's fault for making a deal with a devil in the first place, and I don't think they told her how much danger we're all in for this.'

-B

          Dorothy still didn't see herself as a brat, but she couldn't help thinking about what that psycho had said when he burst in her room. Why write B at the bottom? Did this man's name start with B? She remembered what...'Sue' had said about her memories. He really had the power to change and erase them? Now that she thought on it, one of her servant's names did start with B and that organisation her parents fretted over in their diaries was called the Seven Deadly Sins. Was Sue leaving these for her to help her remember? What did she refuse to change her mind about? What did her parents have to give up in exchange for their wealth?

        "None of this makes sense." Dorothy mumbled, nibbling on her thumb in thought. "If it was money, my parents could easily just pay them back. But it had to be something really valuable if it was worth running away and risking death for." Another vibration against her ribcage made her open another text.

         Sue: Check everywhere. Leave no stone unturned.

         Dorothy observed the room. Quickly and quietly, she stepped over to the bed and looked under it. Nothing. She opened drawers to the dresser, wondering what else she possibly needed to find. In the bottom drawer was a rose, a beautiful red rose in full bloom. She picked it up and analyzed it like it was an experiment, utterly confused. However, it looked absolutely gorgeous, and it was her favorite flower, so she slid it behind her ear. She wished she had a mirror to admire herself with.