Gwyncilla

Priscilla searched the grounds of the burned mansion that Sue’s family had once inhabited, fearing that yet another one of her demon guards had went missing already, just after he was recruited. She'd checked with Sue and Ai to see if they knew of the man’s whereabouts, but they didn't, and looked as if they couldn't care less. She had already made a few rounds (unseen) of the theological school he grew up in, after his father was arrested for his abuse, but there was no sign of him.

        Now, she was in the lowest level of the mansion, deep down in the sewers, walking among the muck and the stench of rot and other filth that plagued it. She highly doubted he would be down there, after he witnessed the corpse of his father figure, ‘the Priest,’ fall to his death on the cold stone floor. But then, the demon princess entered the cell room Sue was locked in when she first met him, when he was still human. And there he was, sitting on that small slime-strewn child’s bed, with his head in his hands. Crying.

       Gwyn was a tall man, above average in his attractiveness with a face that could've been sculpted by a god. His hair was snow-white, and wasn't styled or combed through neatly but naturally disheveled with a fringe that flopped over his right eye. His eyes had been teal, but now they were violet, ever since she used her blood to revive him and give him her powers. His skin was pale, and the black mask that covered the scar on his cheek was gone. His white collared shirt was bloodstained from his misadventures in the haunted mansion, as was his black slacks and dress shoes. The icy blue cape with a silver trim he previously donned was discarded all the way across the room, as if he had thrown it.

       His sobs were quiet, but the silence of the room asides from the ticking grandfather clock amplified them. Tears streamed down his face like liquefied pearls.

        “Gwyn?” Priscilla called out from her position standing on the threshold, barred metal door already wide open. Gwyn’s head snapped up, eyes widening in surprise and alarm since he was already considerably jumpy after having faced so many dangers not too long ago. His gaze momentarily ran up and down the woman's almost ghostly appearance, with her flowy red-pink hair and floaty purple dress that cascaded over her curvaceous pale body down to her ankles.

      Gwyn buried his face back into his palms, sagging even further. It was as if the very sight of her was enough to upset him even more. Priscilla immediately felt pity for him, thinking of what Sue put him through just so he could become her new guard. Recalling how the sadistic boy had noted the man’s struggles as ‘interesting,’ as if he were a most entertaining lab experiment, aggravated her.

       “What do you want, demon?” Gwyn sniffled, his voice laced with venom. “Haven't you all already done enough by getting me into this mess?” He didn't hold back any ounce of his emotional agony, and he was second-guessing his choice of visiting the accursed mansion for the cure for his face far too late. She held a bit of respect for him at the fact he didn't hide away his emotions just because he was a ‘man.’

         “Gwyn,” Priscilla began softly, walking fully into the room. The heels to her pumps clacked noisily against the blood-stained floor. The blood possibly derived from the new unholy monster tenants and their murderous escapades.  Her hips swayed like a pendulum, which the man couldn't help but notice since he first had met her. “Why are you down here of all places? You could catch a disease just by sitting on that bed.”

       “I came here looking for his…” Gwyn choked back an involuntary sob, wiping at his soaked face with the back of his hand. “His body. I wanted to bury him. Where is he? Did one of those...things get to him before I did?” It didn't take a genius to know his thoughts were of the giant, mutant rat monster and the other living terrors that laid in wait unseen in the rooms and such.