B & C's Eternal Love

The entire household knew of how deep ran the bond between Servant C and Servant B. B's real name was Ben, he was a tall bulky man with olive skin and umber brown hair with deep-set eyes to match. He made little Dorothy think of a gentle ox, a kindly man with muscles hidden underneath his work suit, so that he could be intimidating when he wanted to and wouldn't have his sensitive and sweet nature taken advantage of.

           C's real name was Cally, she had milky pale skin and long flowing black hair with split bangs. Her curves were obvious even under her baggy uniform, her hips would snap to and fro and she carried herself with confidence and a slightly snooty air. When she walked into the room and sometimes spoke to her fellow staff members with sass in her high-pitched voice, you'd think she thought herself a princess rather than a maid tasked with tending to the indoor and outside gardens. Ben thought it was rather cute, everyone else thought it was rather annoying.

         Dorothy fawned over their love, finding it adorable and daydreaming about when she would find love. While they worked, or passed each other in the hallways, they'd give each other warm smiles, loving stares, and sometime even seductive winks. They shared a bedroom on the second floor, where most of the servants slept. From time to time, they would share moments alone and kiss, occasionally even seclude themselves in the storage room for a while. Dorothy saw it once, and wondered why they'd want to be in such a small, dusty, webbed place.

          Fast forward to after Dorothy awoke in her wardrobe, Cally now seemed to be a demonic entity with blood leaking from her hatefully-glaring eyes, which were completely black with red pupils. Gliding through the air at alarming speed in pursuit of the twelve year old rich kid until she wound find refuge in a secret room in her father's study.
The anticipated terror of the fourth floor.

   Sue let Cally's soul linger for one purpose: as yet another monster Dorothy would have to outrun. He brought her soul to Purgatory, gave her visions that showed the maid how Dorothy was involved in the deaths so that all the puzzle pieces fit together inside her head. Cally was enraged, this greedy brat had caused both her and Ben's death. Ben had died before her, one of the servants viciously stung to death by bees. She'd been the one to find them, their skin an angry red and their flesh horrifically swollen and lumpy and oozing blood from almost every bump. No one had ever seen or heard anything like it. Especially not during the cold season.

        Cally's soul wanted revenge, wanted her to suffer for causing her so much grief and everyone's deaths. Not once did she think about blaming Sue, or Servant A, Adam, the man that lost his mind to the 'curse' and sliced her up with a device that had a whirling, circular blade. All she wanted was to make her pay. Her bloodlust blinded her. No one else mattered anymore. She wasn't even a vindictive person in her life and forgave people easily, but nothing else that ever was or will be was important to her, she now felt she had only one purpose to fulfill: the murder of Dorothy. She had no clue Dorothy was already dead and they were both spirits in Purgatory, except the girl was being tested and the maid was merely a pawn.

        So, Dorothy stood in the Autumn corridor of the fifth floor, the highest storey of the house with the indoor garden. Except, everything was warped slightly by magic, making every section of the garden look like it belonged in a different season. The hall she was in was full of orange, gold, brown, and red. She shook and shook, silent tears slipping down her face, as she stared at the approaching malicious entity.

           "How long will you follow me?" Dorothy asked brokenly, sniffling and not bothering to wipe her cheeks and eyes dry. She was exhausted, emotionally and physically. So tired of being chased by monsters.

           "Ewwww!" Cally pulled her bloodless lips back in a spiteful sneer, for whatever reason disgusted by the pitiful display. Her flesh was a lot paler than normal, her black and white frilly maid's dress was horribly bloodstained.

          Then, a white silhouette appeared behind Dorothy, who felt it's presence and turned to face whatever it was. It was the glowing figure of a boy, the outline of its hair made it clear it was Sue. He stood in front of a tree carved with the words 'B and C's Eternal Love.'

         "Ahhhh." Cally breathed, as if relieved as she strided over to the figure. She didn't see a little boy, she saw Ben, his frame transparent at the edges, his brown eyes gleaming with joy as he held his hand out to her, beckoning her to join him in paradise. He had that charming grin on his face. She felt refreshed, the scathing contempt she felt was suddenly replaced by her love. It was like being trapped in a musty room for months before finally being allowed fresh air. Or like being scorched by a hot summer sun for decades before taking in invigorating dip in a sparkling, cool oasis somewhere.

       Cally felt like herself again. She completely disregarded the girl she was hunting down, her back to her. Dorothy couldn't see the transformation she underwent. Her skin returned to its normal pigmentation, the blood was erased from every feature it tainted, the whites pooled back into her eyes and now boasted glimmering green irises. Much like patches of grass in snow that hadn't yet melted as Spring began to show its face. Her lips, now pink rather than gray, smiled beautifully.

          Dorothy watched Servant C accept the silhouette's hand before they both vanished in unison. The Autumn corridor's warm colors paled, every shade and hue monochromizing. Evey leaf and dirt and blade of grass turning gray and white. She sighed, and continued on, determined to find Sue and finish their final game of Hide and Seek.