Caryl part II

"This just makes no sense." Carol says as the two of them make their way towards the courtyard of Alexandria.

"What?" Daryl says softly, under his shaggy brown hair.

"The fact that those saviors are making US pay, when they obviously have everything already." Carol kicks a pebble across the empty street, and it makes a clattering noise.

It was now pitch black out, and the whole town of Alexandria seemed to be asleep.

Carol and Daryl loved taking late night walks together. Its like an escape, but not quite.

"Its bullshit." He says in his low monotone voice once more.

"I agree. After all, we've worked very hard to maintain this place, and its like its all coming crashing down." Carol is now inches away from the man she secretly loves.

She's had a crush on him for as long as she can remember, but she's always been too afraid to tell him.

After all, it is the zombie apocalypse, and love just doesn't really matter to anyone anymore.

Is love even the word to describe what she feels for Daryl?

Maybe adore is a better word. Carol adores Daryl.

Love sounds almost too surreal.

"Daryl..." Carol suddenly stops in her tracks as they near the small pond in the center of the community.

"Mhmm?" Daryl stops as well, looking directly at the small but strong woman in front of him.

"Do you believe that love still exists?" She just goes on ahead and spits the question out, for she knows what the answer will be.

"I believe it exists, its just like it gets killed along with the walkers." Carol nods, understanding clearly.

Should she just go ahead and tell him how she feels?

"Daryl, I know you don't seem too interested in love, but I have something to confess to you." They're walking again, but this time its at a slower pace.

Daryl doesn't say anything, he just nods. 

"I.......like you. I really do, and I know it seems a little late to be telling you this, but its just been on my mind a lot recently, and I feel...."

Daryl cuts her off by grabbing her arm.

He shuts her up by resting his greasy forehead on hers.

"Shut up, woman." He says, and a bit of his southern accent shows, which makes Carol's heart melt.

"Well, I didn't expect that, Pookie." She throws out the old nickname, which makes Daryl roll his eyes....although Carol can't see him do so under his long hair.

"I like you too.." He says quietly, but doesn't dare crack a smile. He's just that type of person.

Carol reaches up on her tippy-toes, and kisses Daryl's forehead.

It was a sweet and simple gesture, yet it meant so much to the both of them.