Simon X Reader

Imagine being lost within the deep forest of Virginia. You hadn't seen any people in months; only the dead.

So, when you come across a clearing and see parked cars everywhere, you panic.

You hid behind a nearby tree, to further examine the situation.

Down the road, a large group of strong looking men stood; all of them armed and ready to fight if necessary.

"This place is dead..." One man with a funny looking mustache says, rolling his eyes.

You creep up a little closer, but something grabs you and drags you back.

You grab your knife, ready to kill a walker, but you stop as you realize that its one of the men.

"Well, what do we have here?" A scruffy looking man with blue eyes says, tightening his grip on your arm.

You groan, feeling pain. You were clearly weak and out of shape.

"Hey, Simon! We've got a spy over here..." You look up and watch as the man with the funny mustache turns around. He begins making his way over to you two.

Soon, he's standing directly in front of you with a huge grin on his face.

"Well, it looks like we have a pretty spy.."

You roll your eyes at the disgusting comment, and manage to wriggle out of the other man's grip.

"What's your name?" Simon asks, scratching his neck.

"Y/N..." You say, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Okay, Y/N. What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"Scavenging." You reply, feeling slightly nervous.

"Well, you can't go out scavenging without a gun.."

He takes out a gun from his belt and throws it at you.

Why would he give you the gun?