Chapter 39

4-26-14

Oh by the way this chapter is dedicated to the person who has helped me come up with some random ideas and parts to make the story more interesting.

She also helped me come up with Gwen so if you like this book then be sure to fan her and send her a message or something to tell her she's awesome. :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the lies that you’re making.

Your love is mine for the taking.

My love is,

Just waiting,

To turn your tears to roses.  

-Whispers in the Dark - Skillet

It’s funny how fast time passes when you’ve had your heart completely ripped out of your chest by the guy that you had really strong feelings for. You would think that it passes slowly but really it’s all just a blur. It feels like there’s nothing worth noticing so the days blend and mix together. It’s easy to lose track of time that way.

Almost a month has gone by since that night and I’m still not healing from it. I don’t know how. Jacob hasn’t looked at me and vice versa. He’s back to his player ways but now it seems like he’s with even more girls. He must be making up for whatever time he wasted with me.

We’re all going to be graduating in a few more months and my birthday is coming up soon. I’m not looking forward to it to be honest. I’ve never liked getting older. I hate change and I know that once I graduate from high school and then go to college everything is going to be different.

It’s weird to think that I’m never going to see really any of these people again. I’ve grown up with them basically my whole life. Sure I don’t like really any of them but that doesn’t mean that I’m not going to be a little sad when we all move on. I don’t know. I may just be rambling about something that doesn’t make sense.

Winter and Carter and I haven’t really been talking much but I know that Carter’s sister is doing better now and that Winter likes the new guy. He’s the one that ran into me one day when I was walking with… him.

His name is Reece and he’s a pretty nice guy. He’s talked to me a little since that day and I’ve met his twin sister. Her name is Samantha but she goes by Sam. She looks a lot like her brother but her hair is a few shades darker than his and really curly. It goes down to about her shoulders. Reece’s is curly too but he straightens his.

She told me that she’s 5’1. She has grey eyes like her brother’s which are framed with long dark eyelashes. There are freckles scattered all across her nose and cheeks. It’s really obvious that she and Carter like each other but neither one of them will admit it.

“Why don’t you watch where you’re going.” I heard a gruff voice snap. I glanced up into one of the faces of the jocks but he was already moving on, shoving me into the wall so he can pass. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before continuing on my way.

My arms-covered with the sleeves of my hoodie-are crossed tightly across my chest and I’m trying to keep my head down as much as possible. I just don’t like being around people. So many people in my life have betrayed me and I don’t want to be hurt again so I’m trying to just be on my own. It’s better than taking the risk of being abandoned by yet another person I care about.