Chapter 35

4-6-14

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had to stop at Mom’s friend’s house on the way home because that’s where Michael is. She dropped him off there when she was coming to get me. She got out of the car and I sat there feeling extremely guilty for making her friend watch him so late, confused, scared, and my lips still tingle from that kiss. I can still taste Jacob’s lips.

I stared blankly out the window, playing the kiss over and over in my mind. Why did I let him do it? I honestly have no idea. But I don’t regret it. I just don’t know what to think. I’m not going to get my hopes up though because they’ll only be crushed later if I do.

I didn’t even hear Mom get back but the next second she was sitting beside me, turning the car on. Michael is sleeping quietly in the back seat.

Once we got home I offered to carry Michael to his room but Mom told me to lay down and rest. I went up to my room and stripped, changing into a pair of black booty shorts and a tank top. I put my other clothes into my hamper and then curled up under the covers.

Then I remembered that I told Michael that I’d read him a book when I got home. God dammit. He was probably so crushed when I didn’t come home. I’m the worst big sister in the world.

I’ll make it up to him. I’ll read him one in the morning. I glanced at my alarm and saw that it’s almost two in the morning. Well, later this morning.

Argh. Mom is going to be so tired when she goes to work and it’s my fault. I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled the blanket around me even tighter.

I heard a scratching sound at my window and then a cold burst of air smacked me in the face. My eyes snapped open and I shot up on the bed. My head started to spin and then I fell back and instead turned my head to see what the hell is coming in my room.

I’m having a strange sense of déjà vu right about now…

“Jacob?!” I whisper-yelled. He quietly slipped my window shut and I snuggled deeper under my covers to get away from the cold. “What the hell are you doing in my room?... And why aren’t you wearing a shirt?!” He turned back around to face me with a smirk on his face and then strode across the room in nothing but a pair of sweatpants.

He didn’t slow down and when he reached the bed I sat up and scrambled away from him, bringing the blanket with me. He got on his hands and knees and crawled after me, his eyes focused on me like a predator stalking its prey.

His arms came around my waist, pulling me back across the bed and under him so now he’s hovering over me. I squeaked and tried to scoot away but he held me in place and lowered himself closer to me. My cheeks burned.

“I’m finishing what we started earlier.” I barely had time to register what he was saying before his lips captured mine in a heated kiss. My whole body turned to goo under him and I felt him smirk against my lips. My eyes squeezed tightly shut.

“Relax. Let me lead.” He pulled back just long enough to whisper that and then his lips were back on mine. He moved slowly and I hesitated for a moment before copying his movements. I timidly brushed my lips against his the same way he’s doing to me. I felt his chest vibrate as he moaned low in his throat. My cheeks flared and I stopped kissing him.

“D-did I do something wrong?” He chuckled a little and shook his head.

“No. You’re perfect. Just keep doing what you’re doing.” With that he crashed his lips to mine-rougher this time. I felt one of his hands move and he grabbed my wrist, pulling it up to rest around his neck. I raised my other arm to do the same thing and this brought our faces closer together.

Tingles spread throughout my body and flames erupted in my stomach, burning my whole body and making it hot. I let out a shaky moan when he flattened himself against me on top of the blanket.

The same hand that moved my arm then went down and pulled the blanket off of my body. He slipped underneath it and then rested his legs on either side of my hips, the heat from his bare chest searing through the thin fabric of my tank top and heating up my skin even more.

I moaned breathlessly and pressed myself closer to him. He seemed to like that because a second later he groaned quietly into my mouth and kissed me harder. Neither one of us pulled back to breathe-we just took whatever breaths we could between kisses.

I felt his tongue run along my lower lip but I just ignored it and kept kissing him. He did it again and then pulled back, breathing heavily.

“Open your mouth Lyla.” His lips instantly went back to mine and I opened my mouth. His tongue slipped into my mouth and began massaging my own tenderly. Another groan escaped me at the feeling of it and I felt his hands move up near my head, tangling through my hair.

One of his hands was suddenly on my bare thigh. My whole body jerked from the feeling but Jacob gently nibbled on my bottom lip and I instantly forgot about it. When his hand started to move up it, stroking and gently caressing the skin, I felt my heart skip a beat and memories from a few hours ago when Preston’s hand was in that same spot resurfaced.

Tears formed in my eyes and my lips stilled against his. My whole body froze and I squeezed my eyes shut even tighter. A single tear rolled down my cheek and Jacob pulled back.

A second later I felt one of his fingers gently wiping it away. The room was silent other than the sound of us panting and my heart’s frantic beating in my ears. I felt Jacob’s heart against my chest and realized that it’s beating just as fast as mine.

“Lyla?... I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have just assumed… I’ll leave now.” He quickly slipped out from under the blanket and the bed instantly felt empty without him in it anymore. I kept my eyes tightly shut as he made his way toward my window.

“Wait.” I heard his footsteps stop and slowly peeled my eyes open. My heart slowed a bit to the usual fluttering when Jacob is near. I sat up and motioned for him to come back over as I scooted to the edge of the bed. He hesitated, staring at me worriedly. I motioned yet again and he slowly made his way back over.

When he was close enough I sprung up on my shaky legs and wrapped my arms around his neck, crashing my lips against his. He wound his arms around my waist and held me closer, kissing me back. This time the kiss was different.

His lips massaged mine, slowly, sweetly, and tenderly. My eyes fluttered closed and didn’t reopen until we pulled back. Jacob rested his forehead against mine as we both caught our breath.

“I’m sorry.” I pecked him on the lips again and then blushed, looking away from his eyes. “I just… when you touched my leg I thought of what Preston did and it just… it scared me. I-“ He silenced me by pressing his lips against mine.

“Shh. It’s fine Lyla. I’m sorry for scaring you.” I opened my mouth to say that it isn’t his fault but he quickly covered my lips with his. I felt him slowly lowering me onto the mattress and kept my arms firmly around his neck.

His lips didn’t leave mine the whole time and then he slowly crawled on top of my body, pressing every inch of his skin against mine but keeping his weight off of me. My eyes started to droop with exhaustion. When we finally pulled apart to breathe I yawned and closed my eyes. My breathing got deeper and deeper as I began to fall asleep.

He pecked me one last time before unwrapping my arms from his neck and gently laying them at my sides. He tucked the blanket around me and kissed my forehead.

“Goodnight Lyla,” he whispered against my skin. I felt a soft smile stretch across my swollen lips. I heard the window open and close quietly.

And just like that, he was gone.