Chapter 37

4-14-14

Nanananananananananana Batman!

Read on little budder lovers! :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’re not the person that I knew back then.

It’s all too late to set things straight

cause everything has been.

- It’s Complicated ~ A Day To Remember

I moved my thumb to hover over the ‘end’ button. If he starts spouting excuses then I’m going to hang up. This is the man who cheated on my mom and completely ruined their marriage when they had another baby on the way.

He has caused so much pain and suffering for all of us and honestly I don’t want to hear any more lies from him. I don’t know what is keeping me from just hanging up right now. I guess I just want to hear what he has to say. I don’t know.

“What do you want?” I asked flatly. No emotion could be heard in my voice.

“Well that’s not exactly the reaction I was hoping for but I guess it’ll do.” I clenched my jaw and scowled at the dark ceiling. What does he want me to do? Jump around squealing and laughing because he decided to finally call after years of not having any contact with us whatsoever? I don’t think so.

“What do you want?” I repeated my same question from before-still with no emotion.

“Well honey, I was calling because I wanted to ask you and Michael if you want to come live with me in Florida.” It was dead silent for about thirty seconds before I burst into laughter. Angry laughter.

“You honestly think that after not having anything to do with us for this long that you can just come back into our lives like nothing happened? You cheated on Mom when she was pregnant with your baby and then when you got divorced you left and we haven’t heard a word from you since. Other than when you fucking called my mother-the woman you cheated on. And then I also saw you a few months ago when I was in town.

Why the hell did you come back?! None of us want or need you here! So why don’t you do us all a favor and just stop calling? Leave this fucking town and take your sorry ass back to Florida. I’m telling you right now that Michael and I will NOT be going back with you. Just stay there and keep doing what you’ve been doing for the past three years. Ignore us. Act like we don’t exist. Go on with your life.”

I was breathing hard and I felt myself start to shake in rage. My vision blurred a little and I clenched the blanket between my fingers.

“First of all, young lady, don’t you ever curse at me again. And second of all, you have no right to be talking about what happened between your mother and me. You were too immature at the time to understand what was happening and I’m not going to be treated like this. You and I used to be so close. I love you and your brothers with all my heart and I’m trying to make it-“ I cut him off by laughing again.

“Love us?! How do you figure that? Last time I checked leaving your family and completely dropping all contact with them is not love!” I snarled the last part and leaped up from my bed, pacing across the floor and running a hand through my hair roughly. “How the hell can you love someone if you’ve never even seen a picture of them? When you left before they were even born? And yeah. We used to be close. I was a daddy’s girl. I would still be but that's kind of hard when you don’t have a dad anymore. We may be related by blood but I lost ALL respect for you when you broke my mom’s heart and basically abandoned us.