Chapter 18

1-16-14

Enjoy the chapter you tempermental, forgetful blonde midget. o.o Cactus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Preston had some girl shoved up against the wall as they sucked face. They didn’t even notice the door swing shut and just kept shoving their tongues down each other’s throats.

                The shock wore off and I strode across the room, pushing him as hard as I can. He stumbled a little bit to the side and turned to me, breathing heavily. His angry expression dropped and turning surprised when he saw me.

                “What the hell Preston?!” I yelled. He looked from me to the girl and back.

                “It wasn’t what it looked like. I mean-“ Smack. His head snapped to the side from the blow. He looked at me with wide angry eyes and I shot him the nastiest look I could muster.

                “It’s over. Don’t ever talk to me again.” Turning sharply on my heel, I speed-walked out of the kitchen and in the general direction of the front door without looking back. I reached into my back pocket and cursed under my breath when I came up empty except for my house key. God dammit. I forgot my phone.

                Sighing heavily, I stomped down the driveway and kicked one of the headlight’s on Preston’s car as hard as I can. It shattered and a few pieces fell onto the ground at my feet. Smiling smugly, I continued on my way. The tears somehow managed to stay in that whole time, but when they came they came hard.

                The reality of what just happened came crashing down on me and my knees almost buckled from the torrent of emotions washing through me.

                Why would he do that? Why would he go through the trouble of giving me his number and taking me on a date just to ask me out, only to cheat on me with some other girl on our third date? I was even considering letting him have my first kiss! How stupid am I? How did I not see this coming? I should have known that our whole ‘relationship’ was too good to be true. I mean seriously. It was one of those fairytale-type relationships where everything is perfect and the two never fight.

                Is this why Mom looked worried earlier? Did she see this coming? If she did why didn’t she say anything? I was so blinded by how sweet Preston was being that I didn’t even realize anything was wrong.

I liked him. A lot. I didn’t love him but I think I was starting to fall for him. Or at least I was on the verge of it. In a way I guess it’s a good thing that this happened now instead of when I was head over heels in love with him. I have no doubt in my mind that that would have happened sooner or later.

                The stupid shoes started to hurt my feet so I bent down and slipped out of them, carrying them in one hand as I kept walking down the deserted road. I reached up and yanked the rubber band out of my hair, pulling it onto my wrist. A cool breeze swept over my face, blowing my hair to the side and drying the tears on my face. I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself to shield my body from the cold. This sucks ass.

                First my ex-boyfriend brings me to some stupid party. Then I come out of the bathroom to find him sucking face with some random girl that he probably just met. And now I’m walking down the road barefoot in the middle of the night with no phone, freezing my ass off in my shorts and tank top. Now guess what happened next.