Chapter 4

10-20-13

Lol so this was a little late but here it is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I woke up to bright sunlight streaming through the window. Groaning, I opened my eyes. Michael is still asleep beside me, breathing deeply with his lips puckered a little. I kissed the top of his head gently and got to my feet, stretching and groaning again.

                Then I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. Going into my closet, I grabbed a pair of white ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top, my black converse, and a Black Veil Brides hoodie. (Pic on the side) I took a quick shower and changed. It’s 6:21 now. I always leave at 6:30 because school starts at 7:40 and I want time to talk to Carter and Winter before we have to go to class.

                Slipping on my clothes, I glared at the wall. I hate waking up in the morning. Seriously, I’m like Satan. Even on the weekends. Attempting to be quiet despite my grumpiness, I tried not to wake Michael up as I carried him to his room. Mom is off of work today so he’s staying home with her. She deserves the day off.

                I grabbed my bag and went downstairs, not making a sound. I started listening to my music and went out the front door, closing and locking it. Jacob was already outside when I stepped off the front porch, getting on his bike. I ignored him and walked past him on the sidewalk, keeping my head down like yesterday. I felt him watching me but he didn’t say anything.

                When I made it to the school I was ambushed by Carter and Winter again. We went to the library and sat in our regular chairs, talking about random shiz. I didn’t really listen to any of it and I noticed Carter sending me worried looks. Winter looks worried too but she’s trying to hide it for my benefit. They know about some of my past but not all of it and they know I don’t like to talk about it; they respect that and don’t pry.

                I couldn’t take it anymore and stood up. Winter stopped talking and they both looked at me. Grabbing my bag, I shot them an apologetic smile.

                “Sorry guys. I just kind of want to be alone right now. I’ll see you at lunch.” I didn’t give them time to reply and rushed out of the library, biting my lip. I hurried down the crowded hall and to a place where I know I can be alone and no one will bother me.

                If you go past the gym and turn left at the end of the hallway, you’ll find stairs that lead down to the old storage room. No one goes in there, not even the janitors. They have old books and desks and other things down here. They haven’t used it for years. I discovered it one day when I was wandering around before I met Carter or Winter. The door is always unlocked because they think no one will come down here and it’s not like there’s anything valuable that someone would want to steal.

                Making sure no one was around; I pushed the door open and turned on the light, closing the door behind me. I weaved my way through the dusty desks and piles of books to the back of the room. There’s a couch that they used to have in the counselor’s office sitting against the wall. It was dusty when I found it but I wiped it off and after a few days it was clean. It’s actually really comfy.

                Brushing off the thin layer of dust that’s settled on the cushions since the last time I was here, I laid down on it and stared up at the ceiling. I heard a little crash and then a stream of curse words.