CHAPTER 64. TEARS

Start from the beginning

“Hmm... paano kayo naging magkaibigan? You know, hindi ko kasi siya nakikitaan ng friendliness kaya nagtataka ako kung paano kayo naging mag-bestfriends.” natatawa niyang saad. Dahil doon ay natawa rin ako.

“I was in 1st grade back then when we first met and she was a Grade 2 student.”

“Grade 2? Pero ka-batch natin siya...” nagtataka niyang saad.

“She was an accelerated student. You know, she‘s a smart girl.” natatawa kong wika.

“Whoa. I didn‘t know.” manghang saad nito. Hindi naman kasi halata. Para kasi siyang isang tamad—este tamad talaga siya.

“Get up kitten!” said the girl in ponytail. She‘s a lot taller than me, of course, she‘s a Grade four student after all.

I stooped my head to avoid her glares. My eyes started to water again. *sniff* I wish my mom‘s here.

“I‘m sorry.” I said, almost crying. My mom told me that if I say sorry, they would forgive me.

“Anong sorry! Masakit kaya ‘yun!” she replied. “Kaya para mapatawad kita, sundin mo ang inuutos ko!” she shrieked.

“Kainin mo ‘yan! Diba pusa ka naman? Mingming kuting!” she added and laughed hard.

No... I don‘t want to eat it. Sabi ni mommy, marumi na raw ang pagkain kapag nahulog na sa lupa!

“Susunod ka o sisipain kita?!” banta niya na ikinatakot ko. I hesitated to follow her, she must be so angry!

She was about to kick me when she stopped half-way when we heard someone spoke with a bored tone.

“Do you want me to kick your ass again?” I looked at the girl. She‘s tall. I guess she‘s in a higher grade as well. Her eyes were bored yet it was sparkling and beautiful.

She‘s beautiful!

The girl in pony tail looked shocked as well as her friends. “This is none of your business!” she yelled. She really look so frightened while she looking at the girl. She was bigger, tho, so what is she afraid of?

“Ah... you want some more, I guess?” the girl with a bored tone said. She started to step forward and suddenly, the Grade 4s started to run away while crying “Mommy!” with teary eyes.

“Pfft. Those girls are funny, ain‘t they?” she turned to me and helped me to stand up. She smiled. I couldn‘t move my eyes away... she‘s so beautiful especially when she smiles!

“Hey, hey. Why are you still crying? They‘re already gone.” she said with a worried tone.

Then I wiped my tears off using my hands, “T-Thank you. W-what‘s your name?” I asked.

She smiled again before answering my question, “My name? Uh... Shiro. Shiro means white in Japanese. And you? What‘s yours?” she asked back.

I chuckled. Because “Shiro” in Korean means “Dislike” but I guess she‘s the Shiro that I will like very much!