thirtyfour

After waking up and getting freshened, Christian and I set off on our journey to the lobby. I still cannot believe this is real life. Living with my boyfriend is something I could have never imagined, especially at this age. I watch him as he traces his fingertips on the elevator wall. He's so damn cute! I love how his haircut progressed since we met. It used to be flattened and fixed, but now it's grown out on the top into a curly mess, the sides shorter. We are wearing our matching hoodies for our date today. He wore black skinny jeans underneath, so I can see his cute butt very prominently. Also paired with his white Yeezys, he's looking especially "rich boy" today. At least he's mine.

I glance down at my wardrobe. In comparison, I'm pretty busted. Black Converse I've had for a year and camo-print joggers. I take a selfie of us in the elevator mirror, and Christian makes the hottest silly face ever. Somehow he makes a silly face look attractive. Some guys are good at that, and I'm definitely not one of them. I post to Instagram and put my phone away as we exit the elevator. The guy at the front desk nods and smiles at us, so I do as well. I guess they are glad we're here?

"Ah, fresh air," Christian expels from his lungs when we exit.

"Earlier you were complaining about the cold," I say. He rolls his eyes at me and nods to the valet, who tosses Christian the keys. Why am I living in high society all of a sudden?

"Seat warmers!" He says giddily and turns them on. We head out of the lot and proceed deeper into town. The old business district is so nice, it's like a living museum of a town. Where we live, at least where we are staying now, is in the modernized area of town. It's very charming, like taking a trip into the past. Christian's head bobs along with the music on the radio. I tap my fingers against the dash to the beat of the music.

"You think Jessie and Austin are really happy together?" Christian asks me.

"I think they haven't been together all that long, but I know Jessie is enjoying it so much. I'm so glad, too. She deserves the best." Christian nods and returns to driving as normal. We arrive at the diner for brunch and get out of the car. Inside, Christian and I find Jessie and Austin sitting at a booth. Jessie waves over to me and we sit down with them.

"Austin, meet the two cutest guys in the world! Other than you, of course." Austin chuckles at her compliment and smiles at me.

"Hey, Austin," I say, considering I already know him just from going to the same school.

"Hey, Jay. I heard about all that shit that happened to you and Christian a couple weeks ago. So fucked up, I wish I was nearby. I would've beaten the shit out of Luke, honestly."

"That's nice of you to say," I chuckle a little. "Anyways, this is Christian, my boyfriend."

"That's so weird, hearing you say that. I never thought you'd end up being gay," Austin says. Jessie thumps him in the ear and Austin laughs. "I wasn't insulting, just teasing. I think it's great. Since you aren't straight, I was actually able to have Jessie all to myself. It's very nice to meet you, Christian, sorry to ignore you."

"That's okay," Christian laughs nervously. I roll my eyes and smirk at Austin, then at Jessie who is furiously focusing on the menu, probably not to be antisocial, but to find out what she's going to eat. Jessie is always hungry, no joke. But so am I. I remember going to fast food joints after school with Jess all the time, and now we're both so busy and caught up with separate lives. *sigh*

"So, how long have you known each other? Or, rather, how long have you been together?" Austin inquires.

"We've known each other since we were kids, actually. If ex-step-brothers is a title that exists, we're it," I spill. Austin cocks his brow and his head to the side.