twentyseven

Wednesday, November 19th

Spoopy Episode, lol

I burst through the doors of the hotel with my many bags from shopping. Christian hurried behind me, and we shake the rain off our heads. I didn't expect it to start raining today, the weather didn't predict it at all. Therefore, we had no umbrella whatsoever. I look to Christian with an annoyed face, and he hits me with his as well, and soon we both turn to laughing.

"That was crazy, it came out of nowhere!" I exclaim in annoyance.

"Yeah, but we're okay at least," he reminds me. "We need to call Mr. Nolan."

"I'm on it. Let's get to the room and dump this stuff off." I pull my phone out and call to explain to Mr. Nolan that we made it back to the hotel unscathed but soaking wet. He says that he and Mrs. Dwyer found refuge in a pizzeria, so we are here before them and without them. I tell him to bring us something back and then hang up. Christian and I finally reach the room and set our things down. We both dry off and change, then proceed to fight over the blow dryer. I let him have it, because he was throwing around very big threats. He must really be cold and wet and sad right now.

"Are you alright? You're not upset that this excursion was cut short, are you?" I ask.

"I am, but at least it didn't happen at the Empire State Building today," he mentions.

"Yeah, that observation deck ok the 86th floor was sick. Why do we keep going up so high everywhere?"

"It's New York, they're trying to show everyone up with tall shit I guess." I laugh and return to the room, leaving him in the bathroom. Basically today, we did our usual activities. It was cut short, due to a subway being down in the direction we were supposed to head, so we just deemed it a day to shop and freely roam the streets. Mr. Nolan so graciously allowed Christian and I to be responsible adults and take our own journey for the day. The rain got us all scrambled up, but we're good now. Maybe we should've stuck together, but no one predicted that rain. Thanks, meteorologists everywhere for failing at your job. That's mean, I apologize, you work very hard.

I flounce on the bed and pat my hands to a beat in my head. I use my foot to slide open the drawer on the nightstand. I hear a clunk, so I check the drawer. There is a hotel Bible sitting there, so I pick it up and dust it off. I skim the pages quickly, just killing time and flipping through, until I notice one page is covered in bloody black ink from a fountain pen.

AVOID THE 49th
FLOOR AT
ALL COSTS!!!

Holy shit. Christian is still in the bathroom, so I continue flipping the pages. There are more scribblings about the 49th floor, why it's evil, and why spirits lurk there. I get a chill down my spine, I'm fucking scared now. We are on the 48th floor, right below.

"CHRISTIAN!" I yell over the blow dryer.

"Yeah?" he responds, turning it off.

"Come here, I'm scared."

"What?" he questions. "I'm coming, babe." He walks in and sees me sitting there with the Holy Bible in my hands. He pays my shoulder with his hand consolingly. "I know, Jay. They killed gays, it's rough. You just gotta look past all that shit. There some good stuff in there."

"No, it's not that. Someone wrote in this Bible, defacing it first off, but that's beside the point. It's saying shit about spirits and suicides and deaths on the floor above us and how you shouldn't go up there ever. 'AVOID THE 49th FLOOR AT ALL COSTS'? We have to go, right?"