twenty

"Jay, wake up!" I hear Christian yell for the millionth time. This time, he brings a pillow down on top of my head hard, snapping me out of my sleep. I rise quickly and grasp Christian, pulling him down into the bed and wrestling to get on top of him.

"I'm tired, leave me alone or kiss me!" I say and he takes the opportunity to steal a one from me. Our lips feel foreign, the difference in their size. They aren't as swollen as yesterday, but this morning they are still a bit plump.

"I want to bite your lip, but I can't! I'm upset." Christian pouts and I finally move off of him. "The nurse said we could take these things off our noses today."

"Thank God!" I say, wanting to properly breathe again. I run to the bathroom and slowly peel the tape from the contraption on my face. After tedious work, Christian and I both have nude noses again. I use a bandage to put over the gash that formed on the bridge. Both of our faces were purple and sad as we stared at our own reflections in the same mirror. "I hate Luke so much for this."

"I know, I'm sorry this happened to you. He used to be your friend. It sucks to see people's true colors."

"Don't worry, I've always hated that Dickhead. He's never been any good. And don't apologize, if anyone should apologize, it's me. They were my friends and the only reason they hurt you was to hurt me, too."

"Well, then you can't be sorry either. It's not your fault they are scum of the earth."

"I know, babe." I slip my way into his space and place my hands on his hips. His eyes dart from my hands to my eyes, shaking in anticipation. I brush my nose against his and find his lips again. I lick them as a way of helping them heal, and he responds by opening his mouth. I invite my tongue in and explore his mouth, finally able to kiss him deeply since our noses blocked our access before. My fingers slip into his waistband of his shorts, tugging his body to bounce against mine.

"I love it when you pull me close like that," he says and smiles against my lips.

"I want you mouth somewhere else, if we're being honest." He gulps. "Just kidding."

"Oh..." was all he said, sort of disappointed. "What do you wanna do today?"

"What if we hang out with Kelsey and Rosie?" I ask.

"Sounds fun, why don't you ask?" I leave the bathroom and find my phone in the bed. I tap on Rosie's number I got yesterday, and text her.

Me: hey it's Jay. wondering what ur up to

Rosie: hi. nothing much just hanging with Kelsey. you guys wanna hang?

Me: that'd be awesome. we'll come over in a bit just send me an address

She texts me an address to find then and I lay back onto the bed.

"Christian, we are going to Rosie's house, I think. Get ready."

"I am more ready than you, mister. You don't even have a shirt on." I notice that now, ha. I think of what I should wear to look cool around Rosie and Kelsey. I just put on a random shirt, a black hoodie I bought online from a Japanese store, and some black joggers. I slip on my white Vans and I think damn, my friend Daniel would be so jealous. I wait for Christian to leave the bathroom so I can freshen up. He takes longer than a girl to get ready sometimes. Once we are officially ready to leave, we exit the room and Mom is on the couch with her laptop, blazing away at emails and such.

"Hey Mom, we're going out."

"Okay, don't be too late. Stay safe, in all aspects," she responds absentmindedly.