twelve

I shove Christian against the wall in the bathroom, finding his lips again. The warm breath from his nose on my lip melts me into his embrace. His hands find my cheeks and he trails up and down through my hair. I grab his sides and pull him close to me, desperately needing to feel his body against mine.

"I miss you in my bed with me," I whisper to him softly and he takes my lips back to hush me. I find his tongue with mine and swipe along the tip of it. I feel his ass through his pants, soft and bouncy in my large hands. He moans quietly into my mouth and I drown it with our kiss. I trail my lips down onto his neck, and tug at his hair loosely. His fingers tug at my belt loops, brushing the skin under my shirt slightly.

"You want to stay the night with me?" He asks. "I've got a really big bed in a really big room." A smile plays across my lips.

"Yes, definitely. We can get lost in your giant mansion," I say, getting a bubbly feeling about how alone we'll be.

"It's really not a mansion, more of a manor." I roll my eyes at the technicality and kiss him one last time, and the bell rings. "Shit, Jay. We're late now," Christian says, his smile not faltering. I laugh and take his hand, pulling him along to our last class of the day. We step through the door about 3 minutes late and Mrs. Auvil is not all that mad. She smiles and says we are about to start class. I look over to our desks and Jessie shoots me a look, then turns back to speak to her friend.

"You're right, she is upset about something," Christian whispers as we take our seats.

"So where were you guys?" Jessie asks me loudly, garnering attention from other people.

"We were, uh–" I scramble for a lie and Christian interrupts me.

"We stopped by the principal's office to check out some information."

"Oh, really?" Jessie sneered and I shot daggers straight into her heart. Why is she being such a bitch right now?

"Yeah, really. That's all we were doing, Jess."

"Information about what?" I am stumped, but then I remember the announcement about the New York field trip.

"The field trip to New York. We were thinking about going."

"Oh," Jessie says, her face falling and she finally left me alone. I really want to know what's wrong with her, she really liked Christian last week and now she hates both of us.

"Jessie, are you alright?" Christian asks. She glances over at him and sighs, resting her head on her hand.

"I'm fine, Christian. You guys just shouldn't be late to class without a note or something from a teacher."

"Okay, we're sorry, right Jay?" Christian asks me. I turn to look at Jessie again and she smiles with her lips but not with her eyes.

"Yeah," I say through my teeth, "so sorry."

"It's fine, guys, it's whatever. Let's just pay attention, I'm trying to do work." My blood is boiling at this point. I can't find out why she's so mad, it's making me so pissed. I rub my hands down my face in frustration, and just turn my attention to the teacher. There's no point in working my self up over it if she won't tell me what's wrong.

By the end of class, I've cooled off and forgot about my anger towards Jessie. When the bell rings, I pack my things quickly. I turn to Jessie to ask if she wants to walk to the parking lot together, but she's already long gone.

"Shit," I say under my breath.

"I'm sorry, Jay. I have a feeling she's upset because of me in a sense. You guys seemed so happy before I cam along."