Dabbing on the Haters

The walk was silent. Jungkook was still upset and Jimin was in no mood for conversation with a moody kid.

   "Hey! Chim! Over here!" A loud voice called.

   Jimin stared in the distance, a tall young man with amazing fashion sense waving and calling out his name. Jimin instantly smiled and waved back, him and Jungkook walking faster and getting closer to the young man.

   "Who is this?" Jungkook asked as he was practically dragged down the sidewalk.

   "A friend. Now shut up," Jimin answered whilst smiling at the young man.

   The man walked closer too and in a matter of seconds all three of them were standing on the sidewalk greeting each other.

   "Hey hey Tae Tae!" Jimin said putting up his hand for the young man to high five him. "Jungkook, Taehyung. Taehyung, jungkook."

   "Pleasure to meet you," Taehyung said, putting out his hand for Jungkook to shake it.

   Jungkook was rather awkward for he never really had much interaction with other people. He wasn't awkward around Jimin because of all the time they spent together, but Jungkook was feeling like his entire life depended on him. Like it was unfair for Jimin.

"You seem quiet," Taehyung said giggling.

"He's shy," Jimin said looking at Jungkook the entire time. Jungkook just simply nodded his head and looked down.

"Oh c'mon...." Taehyung ruffled Jungkook's hair as if he were a pet. "Let me take you for coffee," he insisted.

   "Nope! We have somewhere to go," Jungkook said, yanking Jimin by the arm and trying desperately to pull him away. Unfortunately it didn't work.

"Get your damn hands off of me~" Jimin hummed with a smile as he struggled to get out of Jungkook's grip even though he was half way there.

"So...maybe another time?" Taehyung asked awkwardly while watching the small train wreck in front of him. It was big enough, however, to draw attention to them whilst people walked on the sidewalk beside them.

"No, no. It's fine," Jimin said, finally shaking his way out of Jungkook's grip.

"No. We can't. I have to go to the bathroom," Jungkook said staring deeply into Jimin's eyes creepily.

"Jung-"

"Bye!" Jungkook grabbed Jimin by the arm, tanking him away and waving to Taehyung with a smile on his face. Taehyung was left standing frozen astonished by Jungkook's sudden action.

***

"I hate you," Jimin said as they walked on the sidewalk far away from Taehyung or just people in general.

Jungkook dabbed looking forward as they walked down the quiet side walk and entered the quiet park. Although it was large, not many people were there. Jimin, however, didn't notice for he was confused by Jungkook's weird...action?

"W-what did you just do?" Jimin questioned.

"I dabbed on the haters. Hashtag cringe," Jungkook said staring at Jimin blankly and looking forward straight after.

Jimin nodded his head still confused by Jungkook's action.

"So...where did that come from?" Jimin asked. "Did you make it up?"

"No. It started with a lit pool. Then it turned into that," Jungkook said, internally patting his shoulder with his use of lit.

"What does lit mean?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook stared at him dumbfounded.

"You're only two years older than me! How do you not know what these words and actions are?!"

Jimin shrugged and looked down feeling slightly ashamed. The fact that he didn't know what he figured was cool made him feel like a loser. Perhaps  his roommate and best friend having a knife collection and a childish personality was part of the reason why, but not knowing what lit meant made him feel bad.

   Jungkook sighed and patted Jimin's shoulder. "It's okay Jimmy. Dabbing stopped being cool like...three years ago," Jungkook said trying to comfort Jimin.

Jimin shrugged. "It's alright I guess."

"Good. Now let's stroll and look for the lady's!" Jungkook said excitedly.

Jimin stepped in front of Jungkook and folded his arms, raising an eyebrow and glaring at Jungkook. Meanwhile, Jungkook was extremely confused and uncertain of what Jimin was trying to do.

   "Uhh...wassup?" Jungkook asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

   "You wouldn't go for coffee with Taehyung but you think you can handle girls?" Jimin asked.

   "Well duh!" Jungkook leaned closer to Jimin's ear and whispered, "what if I'm gay."

   Jimin's eyes shot open and Jungkook let out a hysterical laugh.

   "What if I like boys? What are you going to do?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin couldn't speak. He obviously had no idea what to say and didn't want to be offensive in any way, he honestly accepted everyone but didn't always know how to show it.

"You're speechless, I'm not. I win, you loose." Jungkook walked past Jimin flipping his imaginary long hair and walked down the path dramatically, leaving Jimin stunned.

'What did I sign myself up for?'