{Prologue} Kitty and James sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ]

We're at the beach laying back against the warm sand. The sun drowned in the horizon, it's rays of light glimmering in the darkness of the faded clouds and the pale moon peeked at us from in between the stars. His forehead is lent against mine, his soft hair tickling my skin, his breath fanning gently against my face, his hand holding mine. No one's there, just us. Just us in this perfect moment in time. Our perfect moment.

"I love you," he whispered to me as if he were telling me his most precious secret. His lips brushing against mine as he said it, my mouth tugged up into a small smile. "And I plan on spending the rest of my life with you," he smiled the most dazzling smile and I could see the raw honesty in his eyes. His beautiful gray eyes.

"I love you too," I whispered back. I placed my hand against his heart softly as if he would brake or disappear if I wasn't gentle. "Forever and always." He placed his hand against my heart as well, his touch made me feel complete as if I could withstand anything and everything the world had to throw at me.

"Forever and always, Kitty," I giggled at the nick name that he had always called me, it pulled at my heart strings and left butterflies dancing around my stomach. This boy enchanted me, he drew me to him with a single smile, I loved him with everything I had inside of me. This boy has seen me at my best and has seen me at my worst and has continued to stay by my side. He's my one and only.

We stayed like that. In our perfect moment for a long time but it didn't matter. We were together and we were happy. The sunset had long gone and the silver moon was now shinning brilliantly in the vast black sky. It's twin glimmering faintly on the surface of the splashing ocean waves.

"I want it to always be like this," I murmured softly my eyes closing as I inhaled his scent deeply.

"If it isn't we'll have this to remember it by," he whispered. My eyes flew open and I looked at the object that he dangled in front of my eyes. It was a silver pendant and reflected off of the moon light, angel wings were engraved into the cold smooth metal.

"James, you shouldn't have," I gasped sitting up and looking down at the boy who was grinning up at me. "I haven't got you anything though, now I feel bad."

"No, no, that's not the point kitty," he sat up and moved my hair gently to the side of my neck before draping the pendant carefully around my neck . He softly pressed his lips against the spot beneath my ear, "You've already given me the best thing any guy could ever ask for. You've given me you."

"Thank you," I smiled softly. "You do realize my birthday is only next week, don't you?"

"Of course I do Kitty," he wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Think of this as the first stage of your birthday presents."

"James, your birthday is a week after mine," I huff out. "There is no way I can top this."

"I know," he replied smoothly causing me to roll my eyes at him. "You can open it too and put pictures in it," he whispered, his breath brushing against my ears. That was all it took, I held the pendant in my hand and softly smiled down at it. A single tear raced down my cheek leaving a salty trail from where it had escaped from my eyes. A tear of joy.

*****

The please fasten your seat belts sign flashed above me and my dad on the small TV screen. I honestly hated planes, I also hated flying, I also hated the fact that we were moving away and everything else. I hated everything. This world was a hell hole waiting to throw its next curve ball my way.

"You ready for this, Kiddo?" my dad asked me as he clicked his seatbelt in place. I nodded and followed suit. "I promise things will be better for you here."

"You can't promise that," I mumbeled brokenly. I could see the hurt fill up in his eyes at my words before he looked away from me. I sighed feeling cruel.

Slowly my hand moved to the place between my breast where it knew that familiar piece of smooth cold silver was. I wrapped my hands around it and took a deep breath, the hurt was too much but I needed to do this.

I held the pendant in my hand and softly smiled down at it. I stared at the angel wings, how ironic, I thought bitterly. A single tear raced down my cheek leaving a salty trail from where it had escaped from my eyes. A tear of heart brake.