Chapter 8

*Summer's Point of View*

"Well.." Athena starts and we hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yell putting my towel into my bag. Liam's head pops into view "Are we going to be able to leave anytime soon?" he asks smirking. I roll my eyes and walk out of the room, the girls trailing behind. We walk downstairs to five, very fit if I may say so myself, shirtless boys. I see the girls all drooling over their boys and I laugh, walking over to Zayn. "Ready to go?" he asks, planting a kiss on my forehead. I nod and everyone goes outside and gets in the car. Louis drives with Grace in the front seat. "I call DJ!" she yells jumping into her seat. "Hey, that's my job!" Zayn says, faking hurt. "Sorry Malik." she says giggling and I laugh. The rest of the car ride we talk about random things from zombie apocalypses to power rangers.

When we get to the beach, I'm relieved to see it's not crowded. Everyone gets out of the car and runs for the beach almost falling over each other. We get a couple bad looks from old couples as we whip past them. I laugh and keep running. When we find a spot and set up our stuff. The girls and I lay down, leaving the boys to go play a game of volleyball. After an hour of tanning, I feel a strong pair of arms picking me up. My eyes flick open and I see Zayn running with me to the water. I squeal as he throws me in. When I come back up I glare at him and cross my arms. I see that Harry, Liam, and Niall have carried Athena, Erykah, and Bree into the water as well. Louis and Grace must have gone to get something to eat. Athena looks just as pissed as me and Erykah still hasn't come up yet. Bree's laughing her head off with Niall. She never has been the type to get mad over things.

We all head back to the beach and see a group of tall, gorgeous girls walking over to us. I sit down next to Bree and turn my head away when one of the bimbo looking girls starts trying to flirt with Zayn. She's tall and tan, with dark brown hair. And she.. is.. gorgeous. I immediately start to feel insecure, even when Zayn rejects her attempts at flirting. After talking with the girl who I learn is named Paris, Zayn walks away looking frustrated and jogs into the water. I then notice Harry getting comfy with the girl talking to him. I think her name was Christina. "..get ice cream?" I hear Bree ask beside me. "Hmm?" I ask, now giving her my full attention. "Do you want to go get ice cream?" she repeats gesturing to Niall and Athena who are already walking to the boardwalk. I nod and put on my sundress over my bikini.

When we get to the small ice cream shop I order a strawberry and Athena and I sit down in a booth while Bree and Niall stay at the counter talking. "So.. what do you think of those girls?" Athena asks, hesitantly bringing up the subject. "Complete whores. But I know our boys won't do anything." I shrug tapping my fingernails on the table looking around. Then Bree and Niall come back to the table with the ice creams. They sit across from Athena and I. "Niall, do you know those girls?" I ask not looking up from my ice cream. "No. I mean, maybe we saw them once at a party or something. They said they were dancers for X-Factor after our season." he says shrugging it off. "Oh." I reply looking out of the window of the ice cream shop.

After we finish our ice creams, we walk back to the beach. I see the girls left, but Zayn is missing. "Where's Zayn?" I ask everyone looking up and down the beach. They all shrug and say "I don't know." I start to get panicked and say "I'm just going to the loo." They all nod and I start towards the toilets. When I turn the corner, I hear a weird muffled sound. I look into the alley next to the toilets and see Zayn and Paris kissing. I gasp and stand there in shock at what I'm seeing. Zayn pushes Paris off and runs over to me. I tear my eyes away from Zayn and see Paris with a smirk on her face. "Summer I promise it's not what it looks like-" he pleades untill I cut him off. "Save it Zayn." I say, running out of the alley with tears in my eyes. I hear Zayn running after me, but I'm too fast for him. I run into the bathroom and lock the door. I slide down with my back against the wall putting my face into my hands. "Summer!" Zayn pleads on the other side of the door. I ignore him and stay on the floor, not moving. I can't believe he would do this to me.