38

The day seemed to get longer by the minute as I sat in each class and wondered if any of this really mattered. I saw Lexi a lot and it seemed that she was right this whole entire time. I didn't see Jake at all or any of his friends. That made English a bit more easier. "Hey, M." I heard Drew whisper across the classroom. We were doing silent reading and our teacher apparently seemed to be asleep from where I was sitting. I decided to take the risk and walk over to where Drew was sitting. "What's up?" I asked looking back to see if Mrs. Doris was still sleeping. She was and I turned back to Drew who said, "Did you read the book as yet." I looked at him confused and he seemed to catch on that I didn't know what he was talking about. "You know the one I gave to you at the library." I suddenly remembered and felt terrible that I didn't even picked it up once after I got home. I was so distracted at what happened with Jake on Saturday. "I'm sorry, I didn't get a chance to, but I will soon. I promise." Drew nodded and said "Okay. It's just that this book had some stuff that seemed to be too unreal to be real." I wondered what he meant by that and the look of  confusion escaped through my face and Drew caught on to the confusion. "I was talking about the second half of the book that talks about these people who came from a line of werewolves and can literally turn into on  by the full moon." He stopped and then look towards the left and  the right sides of him and looked back to me and said in a low whispered tone, "I wouldn't  be surprised if there was people who are wolves living in this town." As Drew said those words, a shiver came running down my back and the feeling of fear crawled through my stomach because apart of me thought that Drew might be right and the other part made me think about the slightest possibility of Jake having something to do with this.