24

It was Jake standing there in all black. "Wow."was all he said. I looked down at myself and thought something was wrong. He caught me pulling my robe together and suddenly placed a hand to stop me from covering up. "I meant that I liked it. In a good way."putting his hand back. I didn't know that a guy could actually like bunny pajamas. I smiled and led him inside. He seemed so in awe as we were walking towards the living room. I decided to turn the tv off and we sat on the couch. "You have a really nice house." he said after sitting down next to me. "Thanks." I said. After a while I asked him where he had been. He looked at me not knowing how to answer. Then he began to say, "I had to go visit some family." Not realizing how little I thought about his family. He laughed and asked, "What's the matter." I shook my head and said, "I don't know, I just really needed to talk to you because this thing happened with Lexi and it's bad, like I'm not talking to her at all and I don't want Jerry and Dave to know about it because then things would really become awkward between us and...... Melanie breathe." I said taking large breaths in. Jake came closer and placed his hand on my back saying, "Yes. Breathe." As I caught my breath he began, "I'm sorry that I wasn't here, it won't happen again." "You can't promise me that." I said slowly. Before Jake could say anything, we heard someone coming.