28

After talking with Jake, I decided that I should go over to the library and get some work done before tonight. I got ready and went downstairs. I decided to grab an apple before heading out. On my way I grabbed a coffee at Dylan's Coffee Shop. They have the best coffee in all of Silver Oak. Soon I was at the library and found a vacant table by the window. I went over to sit and began pulling out my laptop and books. I only had math and history to do, since the rest were group projects. Halfway through my calculus, I heard the door open. Looked up from my paper to see who it was. It was Drew, who had some books in his hands. He looked over my way and began coming towards my direction. He sat across from me and placed 3 books in front of him. One was a textbook, a spiral notebook, and the other one couldn't tell what it was. "Hey." he said with a smile. I smiled and said, "Hey." "How are you?" he asked. I didn't know what he meant by, 'How are you?'because of the whole not talking to Lexi thing. He soon figured that the question made me uncomfortable. "It's okay, I'm not mad at you, but I do hope that you find it in your heart to forgive her someday. I really do because she makes my life easier when you're in hers."he said practically hinting for me to change my mind. That's what I loved about Drew, he's so sweet and cared so much about the relationship Lexi and I had, something a lot of guys don't understand. I know he doesn't fully understand why we weren't talking, but at least he was trying. "I understand that you don't know how serious this fight is, but I need time to figure things out. And I will forgive her someday, but not today." I said trying to let him down easily. Drew seemed sadden by my answer and he nodded in understandment. I touched his hand that was stretched across the table and he looked up smiling, with me smiling back. A sign that I didn't lose a friend today.