27

It was almost 1 when I started feeling tired again. Jake saw and helped me lie down on my bed. He was going to the chair by my bed when I asked him to come over and lie down next to me. He hesitated for a while, but I assured him that it was okay. Finally he came over and I lied onto his chest and felt the heat coming off of his chest. We lied there for as long as I can remember before drifting off into a sleep.
I woke to find a note lying beside me. It read, "Sorry I had to leave so soon. I had some errands to run. I'll call you. Love you, Mels." I smiled at the thought of Jake sneaking out before my parents woke up. I looked over at the time, 8:00. God it was early, groaning I went back to bed and started scrolling through my phone. I was suddenly reminded of Dave and Jerry's party tonight. I seriously did not want to go, I hated those parties. Thinking about what to wear, my phone rang. It was Jake. I answered. "Hey." I said. "Hey, what are you doing tonight?" He asked. "I'm going to my friends party. Why?" I asked. "Oh, I thought we could go out for some dinner or something." he said trying to stay causal. Smiling and laughing I said, "Mr. Daniels are you asking me out on a date?" I could hear him chuckling and saying,"I think I am." "You know I would love to go, but this party...." I said getting annoyed. "So ditch the party." Jake said. "You know I can't,but...." I said trailing off with an idea. "But what?" Jake asked wanting to know. "How about I go, make sure that Dave saw I was there and then call you when I'm out and we can go on our date." I said hoping that Jake won't think I was crazy. He didn't say anything after a while, but finally he agreed. I was so relieved. "I hope your not mad at the fact that I didn't invite you as my date because it's not that I'm  embarrassed of you....." I trailed off. "No, no I understand, knowing what's going on right now, I don't think introducing me to them at a party is going to make things better." He said. "You see this is why you're my boyfriend." I said with a smile. "So... I'm your boyfriend now?" Jake asked in a sly tone. I blushed at the thought that I had a boyfriend. That me, Melanie Pegg had in no doubt a boyfriend. I couldn't believe it. "Hey, I got to go." Jake said breaking me from my train of thought. I shook my head and asked, "We're still on for tonight?" "And miss a chance to see you?" He said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and said "Bye" before hanging up.