Chapter 11

On Saturday, I woke up to the sound of silence. Usually on Saturdays, I would wake up to the sound of my mom talking with her stylist about the latest looks for the upcoming week. It was my mother's number one priority to always be instyle. You could hear the rolling of suitcases and hangers being clicked together, while smelling the cigarette smoke coming from my dad's study. I wondered what was going on that I couldn't hear them. I quickly got up and ran down the stairs to see that my mom wasn't in the living room or that my dad wasn't in his study. I walked over to the kitchen and saw that Mary was there preparing breakfast. "Good morning Mary." I said taking a seat at the island. "Morning, Miss. Melissa." she said in a French accent. She turned around and gave me my usual lemon water. "Where are my parents?" I asked with a confused look. "Oh, they are brunch with Ross's." she said handing me a bowl of cereal. It was strange that they didn't tell me that they wouldn't be home, but at least I could go meet Jake without having to be interrogated. "Oh, okay." I said going upstairs to my room with the food in my hands. She smiled and I smiled saying, "Thank you." By the time it was 12, I wanted to vomit. I can't believe how nervous I was about going out with Jake. I barely at any of my cereal and I tried on at least three different outfits before choosing one. I decided to wear a distressed Nirvana band tee t-shirt dress, a pair of shorts underneath, and some white low-top converse. I decided to go in with my hair and place messy beach waves in it and a no makeup look. Before leaving the house, I told Mary that I would be out and would be coming back at around 10 as the latest.