Chapter 19

Brandon (Corwin Development Corporation)
9:15 a.m.

"Mom, you have to slow down. Who took Justine? Where, and when did this happen? Okay . . . okay, I have to go." I hung up my cellphone on my mother. I couldn't think, I started to hyperventilate.

I'm having a nightmare—it's okay. This isn't real, I'm about to wake up any minute.

Justine and I just got engaged yesterday, and I'm looking forward to marrying her. This phone call from my mother didn't, didn't . . . just happen.

"Brandon, Brandon! What happened?" Chance and Alex were yelling at me in an extremely alarmed tone.

"Mom called to tell me, that Justine went to answer the door a few minutes ago and Liliana, was with her. A strange man with auburn hair put a cloth over Justine's face. He picked her up and . . . and . . . took her away in a white van." I sat in a conference room chair frozen in shock, repeating those words and sounding hollow.

Alex immediately, picked up the phone and called the NYPD. He repeated the story to them. Liliana was the only eyewitness.

"I gotta go home. I gotta . . . go home, I gotta-gotta find Justine." I was babbling, I didn't even know what I was saying. My throat felt constricted.

"Brandon listen to me, your going into shock. I will drive you home, we will find Justine. We have the police involved. They have to question Liliana." Chance, was speaking to me like I was in preschool.

"I'm fine, I have to find her! She is everything to me, I can't lose her. John McKay is behind this, I know it." I verbalized to no one in particular, as I stood from my chair.

I stood over by the window looking at the Manhattan skyline. "Justine," I whispered her name and a lone tear escaped from my eye.

"He doesn't want Justine to testify in the lawsuit. He wants his money." I punched the wall in the conference room.

"Lets go home. Megan is with Mom and Liliana. I never thought McKay, would stoop to this." Alex rubbed the back of his neck, and blew out an agitated breath.

"This guy is a loose canon. I promise you, he will not win the fight, this time. He needs to be behind bars. We will search until we bring Justine home." Chance assured me. All I could do was stare at him blankly.

"I can't lose her. I can't handle thinking about her being who knows where, right now. The man is insane—there is no telling what his plans are?" I was in anguish.

We left Corwin Development Corporation, and went to my mother's house. Liliana gave the police a description of the strange man that took Justine.

We arrived and there were police cars in front of the house. Detectives were everywhere. Someone was dusting for fingerprints, and they were searching for clues. It was a chaotic scene.

The detective was questioning Liliana. This had to be traumatic for her. Alex, joined her and Megan for the interview.

Chance stayed by my side, trying to keep me calm and rational. He constantly looked at me with worry-filled eyes.

"Brandon would you like something to eat, or drink?" My mother wanted to help in any way she could.

"No thank you Mom, I have no appetite." I paced back and forth in the foyer as Liliana was being interviewed by Detective Jones.