Chapter 9

Slowly, her eyelids opened only to be squeezed shut when a searing pain radiating from her right shoulder while a sharp throbbing pain rooted from her left arm. Wincing, a low whimper escaped her mouth as her hands went up to her chest. Looking down, she realized that she was dressed in a loose white satin night dress that covered her entire body.

Who the hell changed me?

However, that thought left her as her hands touched her chest only to hiss in pain. Unbuttoning the collar of the dress and pulled it down her shoulders, she lightly grazing the gauze that covered her left arm below her deltoid while a white bandage and gauze covered the region of her pectoralis major just below her clavicle. All the memories came rushing back to her—Shehryaar had proceeded to brand his name on her skin. The pain was too much for her to bear that she passed out from it.

She felt disgusted at herself—how could this have come to pass? He striped her off everything that she was, everything that she made herself into.

She felt violated.

She felt degraded.

All her life all she ever wanted was to be recognized for who she was and not for what she looked like. And Shehryaar made all her efforts wash away. How was she ever going to face herself again or moreover, how was she ever going to face her parents. She felt like the small dignity she had left was gone and thrown away into the wind. Her hate and loathing for Shehryaar grew by the second. Her tears wouldn't cease—considering how she hadn't eaten or drunk anything for so long she was surprised that she didn't get dehydrated but the emotions she was feeling surpassed the feelings of her body.

She wanted to scratch that brand away but the pain was too much for her. She couldn't even move her right arm or shoulder properly without feeling excruciating pain.

He had no right to mark me like this! What did he want to accomplish? He branded me like an animal, reducing me to nothing but a property. He's a devil. I hate him so much.

She almost jumped out of her skin when she heard the door open. Her heart accelerated and she quickly pulled the collar back up, covering her shoulders and buttoned it up to cover her skin.

"There isn't anything that I haven't seen already darling." He said, chuckling.

Of course, this bastard changed my clothes. Her eyes welled with tears of humiliation and frustration as she shot him a withering glare. Through blurred eyes, she saw Shehryaar approach her, a huge grin plastered on his handsome face, making him look breathtaking. It was shame that he was an evil man otherwise Anissa wouldn't mind thinking differently about him. He stood dressed in an immaculate grey tailored suit that complimented his smoldering grey eyes that shone with a certain mischief.

"Did you change my clothes?" she grated out. She smirked, causing her cheeks to heat up.

"How are you feeling?" he inquired, clearly dodging her question. He sat at the edge of the bed. His hand, wristed with the large dial of an impressive black Tag Heuer, rose to her face but she winced away. "Don't touch me!" she hissed. He didn't heed her and proceeded to caress her cheek, wiping her tears away.

"You're mine now. You can't stop me from touching what's mine." He stated nonchalantly but there was an edge of possessiveness to his tone.

"I'm not yours!" she seethed, ignoring the pain that radiated form her shoulders upon the slightest movement.

"On the contrary, you are mine. I have the brand on your skin to prove my claim." he stipulated. A low whimper left her escaped her lips. "Don't you get it! I don't want to be yours." She cried, another torrent of tears streaming down her temples.