Chapter 43

Anissa kept silent and patient.

She couldn't believe that Zameer was going to help her escape. She thought he would need a lot of convincing and if he didn't help her then she would have to manage by herself.

She fed and gathered her strength.

Today was finally the day that Shehryaar was going to leave.

She woke up that morning and joined him for breakfast. They ate in silence as usual. None of them bothered to say anything to each other.

When Shehryaar was done, he stared at Anissa as she slowly ate. After that horrible experience, Anissa savoured every bite of food that entered her mouth.

"Tara?"

She flinched when he called her and gently held her hand. She didn't dare look up at him.

"I'm leaving for China for a few days to take care of business." He said. Anissa's brows furrowed as a sign of confusion. She had to show him that she was confused as to why he was telling her this when he never told her anything before.

"You'll be staying here. I want you to grow strong and healthy by the time I get back." He said and stood up. Anissa also stood up with him.

Shehryaar was pleased that she was being so obedient.

Shehryaar went back to their bedroom. Anissa followed suit. Shehryaar quickly caught her waist and his lips came crashing down on Anissa's. It wasn't a rough or a harsh kiss that Anissa had expected: it was considerably soft and warm. His lips gently glided against hers. One of his hand steadied her waist

Shehryaar hadn't once kissed her during all this time. And now that she was a bit better, he couldn't help himself especially when he'd be leaving her.

Her heart beat began to accelerate as his warm lips gently traced against hers. Her body began to quiver. Her knees began to wobble and she had to grip his forearms to keep herself from falling as his body pressed against hers.

Shehryaar released her lips and immediately scooped her up in his arms and laid her on the bed.

Anissa gasped and whimpered. "No, please," she whispered when Shehryaar sat beside her.

Shehryaar looked down at her. His cold grey eyes scanned her face. Anissa made the mistake of looking into his soulless eyes and the reaction that Shehryaar wanted to see from her surfaced.

His lips curled up into a cold cruel smile. He saw it: The fear that was instilled in her of him.

He saw utter vulnerability enter her light hazel eyes.

In the time that he as trying to break her, he borne in her a fear that she couldn't describe for herself. It all began to happen around the countless times he brutally took her. He was successful in making her mind scarred with his actions as he took her every time against her will.

And he was merciless and ruthless.

Cold hearted and without conscience.

He wanted power and control over her and now he finally got it.

He was certain that she was traumatised now. Her previous trauma was gone and replaced by the new one that he instilled in her.

But he still saw a fire burn in her hazel eyes. Her fear couldn't hide it. Somehow that still pleased him that she remained steadfast and strong.

It was a challenge in itself for Shehryaar. He had made it his life's purpose to take Anissa for whatever she had to offer.

First came her obedience then control then respect and finally her submission.