Chapter 8

Her foot pressed hard on accelerator—she didn't care that she was crossing the speed limit now. She saw from the mirror that the gun was still aimed in the direction of her car. The toll plaza was near but before she could even approach it, the car jerked into an abrupt stop.

"No!" she screamed in panic and pressed hard on the accelerator. She heard the screech of the metal wheels against the tired and saw smoke arise from the back of the car.

"No no no!" she screamed and hit the steering wheel. Tears of frustration and fear brimmed in her eyes and her heart skipped a beat when she saw the two black cars come to a halt near her car. She did what she thought would be the only thing left to do. She got out of the car and aimed the gun in the direction of the men who approached her in masks.

"Stay away! Or I swear I will—" she was cut short as an agonizing cry tore from her throat and pain began to shoot from her left arm. On reflex, her hands dropped the gun and held on to the injury on her arm as she fell on her knees. One of the men in the black was already in front of her. Before she could react, she felt a sharp prick on her neck.

The last thing she was before drifting off into unconsciousness were hard steely grey eyes.

**********

His eyes trained on her beautiful peaceful face but it did nothing to sate his anger. His blood boiled with rage as he clenched and unclenched his fists to calm the raging storm down.

She ran away from me? Me? The fucking mafia king? How fucking dare she?

He wanted to badly hit her however he was surprised that he wasn't feeling so violent. However, his ego was badly hurt and he wanted to satisfy it. No woman had ever treated him the way this woman did. He just couldn't understand her however, he wanted her. Even now he couldn't control the unfathomable lust rising inside of him.

When he had kissed her, he couldn't control himself—her soft luscious lips against his warm ones drove him crazy with desire and he wanted nothing more then to take her then and there. But he knew better; she deserved the respect and dignity that she deserves. He wanted to make her his queen yet she resisted and for that, he needed to teach her a lesson.

Today was full of surprises—he had clearly underestimated her. He had let his guard down in front of her, a mistake he won't be making again. He brought her to his public place, another mistake. And when she pulled his gun out on him, he couldn't act immediately because his cover would've been jeopardized.

To the world he was known as Shehryaar Ghulari the successful and youthful CEO of the country's most biggest cooperate Firm—Indus Enterprises but to the underworld, he was known as the mafia king, feared by all. He was leading two lives out of which he enjoyed his darker life more but he still needed a link to the outside world—his enemy as he saw it and in order to better understand it. That's why he couldn't risk his identity becoming exposed. If it became public about his other role, it would made unnecessary compilations for him and he already had enough problems to deal with. He was angry. No, he was outraged. When she left so randomly, he had no problem tracking her down since he had already planted a GPS tracking chip in her body when he kidnapped her. There was no way that he was going to let this go unpunished. And he was going to do just that.

The nerve of you Anissa. I'm going to put you in your place and make sure that you never forget it!

A sadistic smile turned on his lips as he thought of what he was about to do with Anissa. He walked fluidly in her direction as she laid tranquil on the flush bed. He had brought Anissa to one of his safe houses in the outskirts of the capital city. She was still unconscious from the drug he had given her.