It astounds me to see three handsome, wealthy, and powerful men having such a witty, prankster side.

Justine (Central Park)

I thought this summer couldn't get any better, until Brandon rang the front door bell to invite me on a date today. We've never gone on an official date, even though we've spent endless time together for the past month. It's always been at home, with family surrounding us.

This was going to be the best day ever. A horse and carriage ride in Central Park with Brandon . . . sigh.

We arrived at Central Park in the early afternoon. We parked the car and Brandon held my hand. We walked over to the horse and carriage he had reserved ahead of time. I was thrilled at this unimaginable experience.

We road in the carriage all round Central Park. Brandon pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me, as we beheld all of the beautiful summer foliage.

This is a historic majestic park filled with tall lush trees. The leaves were greeting us as we rode past, rustling in the slight warm breeze.

Soon the leaves will be turning to vibrant shades of orange, red, burgundy, and yellow. Autumn will be making its debut in a few weeks.

It was such a tranquil feeling hearing the steady rhythmic cadence of the horse's hooves striking the road and clip clopping along. We rode in a white carriage with a red interior. It was a warm humid August day at the end of summer.

I didn't mind the heat. I could be in the Sahara desert—with no water and enjoy it with Brandon.

"I love you Justine," Brandon whispered in my ear and I reveled in this moment, hearing those words.

"I love you too Brandon," the tears flowed from my eyes like a faucet.

"Shhh don't cry, aren't you happy?" he turned to face me and met my eyes.

I hit him in the arm. "Corwin, these are tears of joy. I didn't know if I would ever hear those three words from you."

He gazed into my eyes. "Justine McKay, I think I fell in love with you before I even realized it. I felt a connection to you from the moment I was introduced to you at Corwin Development Corporation last year."

He reminisced. "I was intrigued by this beautiful, feisty, sassy woman. I loved your auburn hair and captivating green jewel eyes. I never forgot you, and constantly thought about you. I wondered where you were and if you were safe. Finally I made up my mind to find you."

Who knew that I was on Brandon's mind all of this time?

"I always wondered why you came to find me, that day at my old apartment in the Bronx?" I was curious.

"I always told myself it was because you were Megan's sister and like family. I was conflicted because I had met Jen, right after you vanished. I started dating her and got caught up in our relationship. But I couldn't let go of my memory of you." He moved the hair that had blown into my face.

"When Jen and I started having issues with our relationship, I started wondering more and more, where you were. When she and I agreed to be friends—I decided I was free to pursue you." He slid closer to me on the carriage seat, and placed me on his lap in one smooth transition.

Brandon carefully reached into his pocket, with a steady intent gray gaze into my eyes. I started sweating and feeling lightheaded. I couldn't believe what was happening. I felt a loud thud in my heart.

Brandon reached for my left hand and held it. "Justine McKay, I have loved you from the moment I laid eyes on you. I never believed in love at first sight, but now I do. You left a hole in my heart when you disappeared—I needed to fill."

"Only, I tried to fill the hole with the wrong person. My heart was always meant to be yours. Would you make my heart whole, by saying you'll marry me?" he had tears beginning to well up in his eyes.

This was an astonishing event and I can hardly catch my breath . . .  Nothing could have prepared me for this.

I was nervously shaking. "Brandon, I never dreamed that a man like you would come into my life. I've had to be tough and feisty all of my life, in order to survive. I've had to fend for myself, with no one to care about me."

"You literally came into my life and found me. I didn't know this kind of love could even exist for me. You are my hero in every way imaginable. I would love nothing more than to marry you." I shook my head in the affirmative.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed him with all of my love—not holding back. He returned my kiss with equal force.

I love this man. My fiancé . . . sigh.

Brandon put a stunning diamond engagement ring on my ring finger. It was a huge rock and glistened in the sunlight.

Our carriage driver took a picture of us, with Brandon's cellphone. We leaned our heads together. I wanted a picture to show my engagement ring to everyone.

Brandon sent the family the picture. He posted it on Facebook and Instagram, with the caption—#SheSaidYes.

Alex, Megan, Chance, Avalon, and Cecilia all texted back their congratulations. Brandon's phone was getting notifications from everywhere.

Apparently, he was still Facebook friends with Jennifer. She commented with a mad face emoji and un-friended him.

That made my day! I guess Brandon prefers my auburn hair to her blonde hair.

"I'm so happy I found you and you agreed to marry me. By the way, I love your feistiness—don't ever change." He grazed my lips with a soft kiss, before exiting the carriage.

We headed back home and I was floating in the clouds. . . .

~Please Don't Forget to Vote/Comment~
A/N: I hope you enjoyed this Proposal Chapter as much as I did! ❤️❤️
I always get anxious as I get near to having to write the proposal scene...