'Just a Friend' Part 1

Start from the beginning

     The hood came off as it ducked under a clothes line. It gasped in suprise, then slipped and fell on a pile of muck in the alley. Before it could get back to its feet, Ezra rushed up and grabbed one of the flailing arms. He pulled the thief to its feet and forcefully shoved it up against a wall. He tilted its trembling chin up and gasped . . . 

     Sabine stopped short when she heard a whisper yell from Ezra. "Ashton?!" She wasn't sure who or what an Ashton was, but she was about to find out.

     She ran down the alley, swiftly slipping under the clothes line, and came to her feet, only to see Ezra pinning a girl against the wall. Sabine realized then that it was the food thief!

     "Good job, Ezra!" She praised, and quickly ran forward. She failed to notice, or perhaps ignored, the wild look of astonishment and bewilderment on both faces.

      She grabbed the girls wrists and pulled out handcuffs from a pocket. Milliseconds before they made comtact with the females wrists, Ezra shouted "No!" again, and force pushed the cuffs out of Sabines hands. She watched them fly through the air, shocked, and land on a pile of muck.

     Sabine pulled her eyes from the ruined handcuffs to stare at Ezra. While she had been distracted, he had taken the girl away from Sabine and put his hands on her shoulders. They were both staring at each other, open - mouthed.

     "Ezra Bridger, what on Lothal - " Sabine began, but was cut off by the girl.

     "So it really is you," she whispered. She reached out, and gingerly touched his face.

     "So it really is you," Ezra parroted, smiling.

     The girl smild and said "Ezra?"

     "Ashton?" He replied

     'So that was the girls name,' Sabine thought.

     Ashtons smile was gone. "I thought you were dead. The Empire, they told us, they told us you, your mom, your whole family Ezra, they said you were - "

     "Shhh," Ezra said, putting a finger over her mouth, silencing the emotional stream of words. "Come on Ashton, did you really believe them? Those bucketheads couldn't kill me if they had lightsabers." The teen grinned. Ashton grinned back, then threw her arms around him. Ezras eyes went wide, but he returned the hug.

     "Hmmhmm," Sabine cleared her throat with more force than neccesary. Ezra, just now remembering her, flung his eyes open and shoved Ashton away.

     "Heehee, sorry Sabine . . . " he said, seeing her lean against the wall, arms folded, eyebrow raised. He rubbed the back of his neck, blushing, and there was an awkward silence until Ashton grabbed Ezra's arm and spoke.

      "Who's your friend, Ray? I don't recall ever meeting her," Ashton said, using her old nickname for him. Ezra shook his head, clearing it, and looked at Sabine.

     "Right, right! So Ashton, this is my friend Sabine, and Sabine, meet my good friend and old partner, Ashton. We met a long time ago, on the streets, and, well, we've been friends ever since." Ezra grinned childishly, which didn't really fit his new hairstyle, but he wasn't thinking about that now.

     Sabine and Ashton looked each other over. Sabine finally stuck her hand out, saying sassily, "Lovely to make your aquaintence, Ashton." Ashton, after a moments thought, shook her hand and replied, "It goes both ways, dear." The two glared daggers at each other.

     Ezra, being his usual, clueless-about-girls self, let out a big sigh of relief when they shook hands. To him, that signified they liked each other.

     Sabine glanced pointedly down at Ashtons and Ezras intertwined hands, and once the teen noticed, he quickly let go. The three then stared at each other, none of them knowing what to say until Ezra got an idea.

     "Hey Ashton, so since I've been gone a while, I'll bets theirs lots of new alleys and hidden streets that have been made. Could you show me around them? We could also catchup on, well, our lives. What do you say?" Ezra begged. Ashton gave one final death glare toward Sabine, before turning to Ezra.

    "Totally Ray, I would love to!" She said, jumping up and down.

     "Yes!" Ezra pumped his fists in the air, and Ashton grabbed his hand. They were about to take off when Ezra again remembered Sabine. He turned around and grinned sheepishly at her, then said, "Sabine, you can go join Kanan and Zeb. I'll only be gone a bit. Tell them I'm with a friend!"

     And they were off. Leaving Sabine in a disgusting back alley by herself.

    "Yeah, sure, ok kid, whatever you say." She sighed and started working her way out.

Hi awesome readers, here's the part 1 of my next oneshot! I hope you enjoyed it! Ezra found his old friend, and him being so friendly with her is sparking anger in Sabine. Where will this take them? What will happen next?

Part 2 coming to Wattpad soon . . .
XD

Thanks guys, hugs and love, and God bless!

~Me