Chapter 25

Chapter 25:
Heavens Downfall

Rose:
I knew Luna would hate me for this but I needed to start on my own fate. Paul stayed back reluctant to leave me but we both know he couldn't come to heaven with me. When Luna left to take her rightful place on the thrown, I thought that it was time for me to do the same. So I had to leave and go to heaven were no werewolf can follow me. I stretched my wings wide and looked back one last time at my beloved mate. Tears started to spill from my eyes. He came up to me and held me tight.

"It will be okay....I'll see you again" he stroked my hair trying to calm me down.

"what if I can't come back, or Luna dies, or you die. What if heaven is so corrupted that I can't do it without you? How am I even supposed to live without you by my side every day?"

"Chocolate and a magic mirror?" he joked trying to lighten the mood.

I punched his arm. "One can hope," I spread my wings wide and started to lift my body off the ground, "Maybe they have a fairy god mother on call who can help."

"If you do tell her to give me a ring," Paul shouted out to me as I dissapeared into the clouds.

It took most of the day but I finally made it to the gates of heaven. The guards eyes popped out when I flew by and I could still feel their aw stuck stare burning holes into my back. Landing on the cloudy surface, I took a look around at what my home I never knew. Homes looked run down. Ruffing falling off, paint chipping, doors either filled with holes or non-existent. Children ran the streets in rags, dirt covering their glowing faces, and the beautiful angle markings peeking out from the tatters on their backs. Adults walked the streets forlorn looks written on their faces and defeat in their eyes. I felt so upset and angry. How could this happen? Heaven is a place of peace, prosperity, and happiness. This...this was not what it should be.

"Your pretty," A small girls voice called to me as I looked around. She was at my feet tugging my sleeve. Brown hair, stunning chocolate brown skin, and hope written in her eyes. Dirt smudged her cheeks and her gray dress was torn in multiple places. Her wings were glowing white and my heart broke for her. Bending down I stared at her and said "I think I'm the one who should be saying that to you."

"Want to play with me?" her eyes grew big with question and I could not say no to her.
"Of course," she dragged me over to a house down the street. Walking in I took in the amazing smell.
"What is that?" I asked. A women looking similar to the girl looked up and smiled.
"You like? It is Amara's favorite," She handed me a bowl and I took a sip. "Whoa so good,"

"Mummy isn't she pretty, just like high priestess Melissa," Amara clinged to my leg.

"Who is high priestess Melissa?"

"Well seeing how you don't know seem to be around here, I'll explain the situation." Amara's mom sat down on a wooden bench and gestured me to sit next to her. I took a seat and she took my hands in her own.

"High priestess Melissa was the previous overseer of heaven. She was the kindest, pure hearted, most selfless person who made gave us all love. One would never feel like she was above us. But ever since her death, a cruel man named Barstoff came and took control. He used the kindness Melissa gave us and used it to fill his own riches. The men are out working his mines to find jewels to adorn his palace. Taxing us for any shred of happiness. That's were my husband is working to keep his little angel smiling. Heaven in no longer a place of purity it once was." She looked over at Amara and I could see the love in her eyes.

"Mummy, mummy look at her mark!!" Amara had moved one of my wings away and was now jumping up and down in excitement.
Her mother had came around to my back and gasped.

"In all my years.....I'd never thought this day would come," she ushered me to stand.
"Child you are the answer to our prays. I thought you looked like Melissa and now this proves it." She held my hand in hers and brought Amara close to her.

"What proves it?" I asked trying to get a glimpse of my markings.

"Honey, you are the daughter of Heaven, the light of love, the warmest heart, also known as our future priestess. You are our savior," She smiled at me and I could do nothing but gap at them....me a savior???

"But, but I'm just a lost angle who was told that she was powerful not a savior! I can't even keep a goldfish alive for a week how am I supposed to kick this guy out and then save heaven????" My brain started to go into overdrive and my breathing was becoming shallow.
Amara hugged my legs and looked up at me.

"You can do it. I believe in you!" she shouted and gripped me tighter.
"Plus we will gladly help you. I am know there are a couple angles out there dying to help," her mom reassured.

I hugged Amara back and looked her in the eye.
"Will you be my partner in this adventure? I'm gonna need someone with your bravery,"
"Do you really mean it?" she glanced at her mother who nodded yes.
"Really really with all my heart,"
"Pinky promise that I can help you kick Barstoff's butt," she held her pinky out and I could not help but smile as I wraped my pinky with hers.
"Pinky promise."

"Come on Amara it is time for bed," her mom assured her to a wooden frame with sheets so thin and tattered they looked almost transparent. "You can stay her too for the night. I'm sure my husband won't mind a bit."
"Can she sleep with me mummy?" Amara asked with big puppy dog eyes.
"Only if you brush your teeth like a good girl and not steal all the covers," she lectured. Amara was all ready pulling me towards the bed as she promised she would.

"I can't wait for tomorrow! We can go to all the shops in town and get battle clothes, then get a rally of angels to come with us, and kick that mean old Brastoff out of Heaven!" she exclaimed.

"Hahaha, we sure will Amara we sure will," I replied as we both snuggled under the covers.