Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Always a Challenge

As I slept I dreamed of Mason. His shaggy brown hair, bright green eyes, toned body, and perfect lips. How our bodies seemed to fit perfectly together. My wolf howled at the thought of him. His wolf looked just as handsome as he was. Even if he was annoying he still looked after me. He still promised to protect me and he always caught me. I think he was the first guy who did not flirt with me or beat me up. Mason loved me for me and I stupidly rejected him. But I was also right to be angry. How could he boss me around like everyone else. I am not a slave for anyone. As I continued to think about whether or not I should forget or go to Mason, I failed to here my real mothers steps. I have two mothers, the real one who sent the hunters and the foster one I lived with. She grabbed me by the neck and hurled me against a tree.

" how dare you deny your punishment! You have become so disobedient that I am forced to deal with you myself," she picked me up again and threw me.

"Mother please stop," my voice sounded weaker then I wanted it to. My strength was gone from the fight before.

"No I will not stop till you are begging for forgiveness," and with that she repeatedly punched, kicked, and threw me. With every punch I was becoming more and more bruised.

"Please, please mother stop," but she did not hear me.

"the hunters tell me that you have found your mate huh. Well maybe I should pay him a visit and make sure he leaves my little girl ALONE!" She threw me hard against a tree and I landed awkwardly on my foot. It twisted and I felt a sharp pain from my weight crashing down on it.

"Enough!" A strong alpha voice rang through the woods. Mason had come for me! I could hardly see him with my banged up face but I heard his every step. My mother turned toward him with disgust.

"Well, well if it isn't mr. Mate after all. What are you going to do growl at me?"

"Something like that," he spoke nonchalantly.

"What a mouth on this one, guess I will have to give you a punishment for your tone mister. It will be worse then Luna's"

"Even though Luna has rejected me, I will have no one hurt the stubborn little wolf," the reminder of my rejection stung and it felt like my heart was ripped out. But it all went away from his protectiveness against me. I tried to stand on my paws but the pain from my leg pushed me down. Mason was by my side in a flash and he placed my head in his lap.

"Luna I'm soo sorry for ever yelling at you. I was just scared of losing the only person left to care about me,"

"What do you mean?"

"My family is dead, it is just me and the pack. We are small in size so it will not be long before we will have to go to the royal for help," I looked up at him and growled.

"Please make her go away so I can help you," he cradled my head in his hands and laid it on the ground. With one move he had my mother face first in the snow. He then proceeded to break her left arm and twist her leg so she had the same injury as me. Mason left her there struggling and crying from the pain.

"If you ever go near my mate again I will kill you next time, understood?" His alpha voice was starting to become a turn on instead of scary.

"Y..e..s..Alpha," she stammered. I shifted back to human form with a yelp of pain. Mason lifted me up in his arms, carful with my leg. Then walk out of the forest and into his car.

" you know your alpha voice is really sexy when your not trying to ordering me around,"

"Really, then I will have to use it more often," his voice became deep and husky making me blush.

"What about your pack? You left them in Poland unprotected!"

"Relax I left them with another pack that is good friends of mine," i breathed a sigh of relief but still felt slightly uneasy. Mason on the other hand had a huge grin on his face.

"What are you so smily about," i tried to poke him but a bruise on my wrist prevented it.

"Whoa there, don't hurt you self anymore. I think its time you saw a pack doctor. Oh and I'm smiling cause you care about our pack," Mason started the car and drove out of the school parking lot and onto the main road. He held my hand as we drove making sparks crawl up my arm. After arriving back at his house, Mason refused to let me open my door or walk. Instead he was a gentleman and carried me out of the car and into his home. He held me as if I was fine china about to break from just looking at it. It was as if I was the princess being carried off into the fairytale sunset. Although that feeling went away as soon as the doctor started to fix my leg. I was laying down on the big bed before and gripped the sheets as the doctor positioned my foot in the right angle again. He then placed a white cast over my foot. Guess that was the last of my runs as a wolf for now. When I was all taken care of I called Rose. She did not pick up though so I left a message.

" hey sis, just wanted to tell you that I am safe. I kicked the hunters ass but my real mother kicked mine. I rejected Mason but he saved me, the damsel in distress. I gained a broken foot and will try to help Mason with pack duties. Meaning I will have to be with him for a while. Love you, bye,"

Mason came in the room with markers.

" what are you doing with those?"

"Oh, just drawing on you cast," he chuckled and laid the markers on the bed next to my foot.

" i hope you do not draw like a fifth grader cause that would suck,"

" no I don't draw crappy doodles, I only draw amazing art for my amazing girl," he began to draw over his blank white canvas. After a couple of minutes of watching the ceiling and hearing marker scratches I made up my mind.

"Mason Reed, I Luna Wood will accept you as my mate only if you can prove you love me and gain my love," I spoke with defiance and I knew he would accept my challenge. Looking over at Mason, he starred wide eyed at me. His eyes turned black with lust.

"Luna Wood you better be ready cause I am going to prove to you that I love you and that you made the biggest mistake in rejecting me," he dropped the marker and put his hands on either side of my legs. Then ever so slowly moved closer to my face with his.......