Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Problems

Each letter was exactly the same length. Some where wider then the others. Each had a number on the top right corner. I placed the letters around me in a circle starting from 1-10. Carefully I opened the first one.

"December 15

Dear Annabeth,

It has been nearly a month since everything started to happen. First, the other wolves are starting to doubt the power of pures. They are accusing us for the formation of hunters and failing strength. I do not know how much longer I will be able to keep their trust in me.

Then, my mate showed up. He drives me completely insane at times but he helps too. I will not give you his name because I know you will not approve of him. Will visit home in a week so we can talk more then. Keep safe sister dearest.

Aneesa"

Apparently this letter was from before the war started. But who was Aneesa and Annabeth? It seems as though Aneesa is a high official but I can't tell. Placing the letter back in the envelope, I put it on the floor then took the second letter. This one had two letters.

"December 19

Dear Aneesa,

Please do not come visit home. Hunters have invaded and it is no longer safe. Father, Aden, and Adrian have been sent into the militia. Between hunters and now the others doubts in pures, we have no choice but to go into hiding. Be careful in the capitol. Watch your back and be on guard all the time. I have heard that many there wish you dead. As Luna to us all, I advise you to be cautious. As a sister, I say kick their butts but please stay safe. Good Luck with your mate. Mine is becoming so tense he won't take his eyes off me till he knows I am safe.

Annabeth"

So Aneesa was the Luna like me. Annabeth is obviously her sister and advisor. But who are Aden and Adrian? Who are the mates? How could hunters become so dangerous? I picked up the other letter but before I cold read it Rose ran in to the office and into the bedroom. I left the reading there and found her crying n the bed.

"What happened Rose? Who made you cry?"

"Paul, I hate him! He was cheating on me! Plus he did not even know who I was!" She stuffed her head into a pillow. I moved to sit next to her and started to rub her back.

"That does not seem like Paul. He is the beta and how could he forget his own mate???"

"He was hugging another woman when I found him. She had red curls and dressed like Brittany. Then to my horror he kissed her. No doubt it was all him. When Paul finally looked at me he looked dazed. He asked who I was? Who I was!! You'd think that when you cheat on a women you would at least remember what she looked like!"

"This is not right at all. I am going to find him. Stay here I have a theory that the person you saw wasn't Paul,"

"I will not stay here! He messed with my heart. I'm gonna mess with him. You stay here this is between mates," i gapped at her. Rose was usually so gentle. Where did she hide this feeling? She got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom to fix her appearance.

"You sure you don't want me to come? Moral support?"

"No, my fight i will stand alone," she walked out of the bathroom and stood refreshed. Her eyes showed anger and determination. But she suddenly starred wide eyed at me.

"What?" She was so determined before. Did ink smug on my face? Did Mason leave a hickey on me while i slept last night and i didn't notice? She pointed behind me. I turned around and gapped. Paul stood, dripping wet, bloody bandage on his arm, panting, and shirtless. His eyes where filled with panic and worry. I stood speechless. Well i certainly didn't think a cheater would come find the girl he cheated on. Turning back around to Rose she had turned away.

"Please Rose believe me I was not in control of myself," he had grabbed her arm and forced her to look at him.

"Not in control?! Yeah like i'll believe that. I saw with my own eyes. you certainly looked 'in control'" she was back to being pissed. Somehow, I believed Paul. i wanted to side with Rose but something told me that Paul was telling the truth.

"Look, i was asleep on the couch to recover from the boarder fight. I was woken up by this cackling sound. When i looked around I did not sense anyone. I blink for half a second and when i open my eyes again, i find my self kissing this ugly girl. I tried to pull away but my body did not move. Then i finally pulled away from her grotesque lips and found myself looking at the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on. When I tried to tell you what happened my mouth betrayed me. I hurt you so badly. It killed me to see you this hurt. Please please believe me! After I got control of my body I swung a punch at the girl but she disappeared and I got drenched with water. So i ran to find you," now I knew he was not lying cause no one lied that elaborately. Rose searched his eyes

"Prove it to me," Paul pulled her closer to him and leaned in. Then kissed her full on. He put his arms around her waist and Rose relaxed into it. I left feeling awkward for watching them kiss. Returning back to my circle, I found Mason on his back reading the letters.

"Hey i was reading that,"

"Really cause it seemed as though you where busy watching a kiss," he kept reading and did not notice me move towards him. I grabbed the letter out of his hands and ran. Running through the house, I squealed when Mason cornered me in a room. He sauntered over to me looking extremely sexy.

"I believe you have something that I was reading," my back hit the wall and he put a hand next to my head. I slipped the letter in the back pocket of my jeans and put a hand on his chest. Time to play a little.

"I don't know what your talking about?" My hand moved up to his face and stroked is cheek. He growled under my touch. I smiled, pecked his lips then slipped out of his grip. I heard him howl and ran out the door. But my clumsy feet decided to trip at this moment. I lost balance and found myself watching the stairs get closer to my face. Closing my eyes tight I waited for the impact. But a hand caught my waist and pulled me back.

"I thought this wouldn't be a regular thing with you," mason was holding me against him tightly so I could not move.

"You are starting to get in the habit of holding on to things,"

"I don't want to let go though," his words made me shiver. Seriously! I could do without this whole mate thing and deal with everything else right now!!

"Mason stop I need to focus," pushing him away I went back to the Alpha room. Rose was siting on Paul's lap talking.

"I see everything is sorted out here,"

"almost, I have a hunch about who did it," Rose got up and walked over towards the computer. "See, a person who disappears, cackles, and is known for playing tricks are goblins. Except all are male unless some how there is a queen goblin.." she pointed to the screen. A picture of a short pointed eared woman with flowing robes and a crown.

"This women does not look like the one you described,"

"i know but what if she changed. like you can change into a wolf why can't she?"

"I guess so. All right lets tell Mason," i grabbed Rose and Paul. Dragging them around the pack house looking for him. After going into every room he did not show up. That's strange... where is he? no response on the mind link. Time to panic!!!! Where is he!!! I released Rose and Paul from my grip and turned into my wolf. Maybe he was outside running. I ran to the closet woods and nothing. He was gone and I need him....my wolf howled from his absence.

"Hey there baby, What you howling at?"

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................