Chapter 17

Chapter 17:
Forgotten past

The next morning she woke up. Paul jumped her and kissed her non stop. Muttering something about thanking God and I love you. Fully alive and healthy, she decided to try out her wings. We followed her outside and she spread them wide.

"Ahh, that's a nice stretch. Now for the hard part," Rose jumped up and to our amazement started to fly like a pro. It seemed as though she had wings all her life. Rose did summersaults, cartwheels, and backflips all in the air and giggling like a little girl.

"Come for a run Paul! Lets see how fast I can fly!" She waited for him to shift and position in front of the woods.

"Ready....set.....go!" Both speed off, Rose was clearly ahead. Paul was close behind using most of his strength to be close to her. Soon they where out of sight, leaving me and Mason alone.

"I'm gonna tell the pack about Rose then continue my studies. You should get to work alpha," I headed back towards the pack house and walked through the door leaving Mason in the yard. Howling the pack call, everyone gathered in the living room waiting the news.

"hey everyone, I am pleased to announce that Rose is fully healthy. With her help we will become stronger and be able to defend the boarders. I would like everyone to refrain from shifting unless it is absolutely necessary. This is to keep any other accidents from happening," My voice echoed against the walls and the pack murmured at my request. I left them there to talk amongst them selves and hurried off to the alpha room to read more of the letters. Popping down back on the floor in my letter circle, I picked up the next letter.

"Dear Aneesa,

We have relocated the family to the capitol. We know you would not be pleased with this but right now it is the safest place to be. Hunters have set fire to most of the wolf towns so many are taking refuge here. Me and Aden have found our mate like Annabeth and protecting her at all cost. Many other mates are doing the same and keeping each other close. If you saw how many refuges here you would probably cry. We also know your mate is Lucas and we think that despite his announce he could become a good alpha. Hunter have a new weapon which is a long retractable silver sword connected to a gun. Both are deadly and every hunter has them know. All of them highly trained. Please help us.
Your brothers, Aden and Adrian"

Well that explains the whole hunter dominance ordeal. I wonder why they don't use those weapons now? Aden, Adrian, Aneesa, and Annabeth must all be siblings so then they are all the council of four. I don't know who is the council of four today heck I just found out there are other wolves besides me. Lucas is the mate Aneesa has been talking about and I guess her family does not like him. How does all this connect to me though? Putting it back I reached for the next one.

"Dear Lucas,

It is with a heavy heart that I leave this message for you. My choices are limited and I have only one option left in which both the race can be saved and the hunters defeated. I know you are currently fighting a battle at Rose peak so you will see me make my choice there. I have decided to use my elemental of fire and use the circlet. I know that all of the hunter will be there to try and kill you. This is something I can not allow even if I cam risking my own life. There are only five pure black wolves now, to little a group to fight. I can not hide from all the other wolves including my family. I lost them i the three way fight including their mates. Seeing the world I tried so hard to strengthen crumble is hard to ignore. Do not try to stop me I have made my decision. I do have good news though. I have birthed a daughter who is as pure as us and with the snow elemental. When I use the circlet it will not only burn any reminders of the pures, it will melt the hunters every weapon, and lock away our daughter along with the high angles daughter. He did not want his daughter to grow up with lies through heaven. We have made a forever bond between the two. They will protect each other in this world. My hope is that one day they will live in a world free of war and hatred. This is goodbye then. See you in the later babe.

Love last forever, friendship lasts a life time, but our time together is short. So lets make the most of it.

With love, Aneesa."

My hands began to shake and the letter fell out of my hands. I laid on my back to try and calm down but i was still shacking. My body felt like it was on fire and my breath became shallow. Squeezing my eyes, I started to remember. A woman with long black hair was gripping me tightly. In her other hand was a baby with wings. Shouting and thuds where heard all around, scaring both me and the baby. The woman wore a long red dress and a gold circlet around her head. She gave one last look to a black wolf that was killing hunters and wolves. I looked back to the woman, she seemed familiar. Blue eyes full of sorrow and pain ruined her perfect features. I was upset by this for some reason and tried to console her. She looked at me and kissed my forehead saying words I could not comprehend. Her body began to glow them smoke and finally ignite with flames. They surrounded everything, burning anything it touched. The flames moved around me warping around my wrists and on my forehead. When i looked at my hands they looked small and chubby like baby hands. Now that i realize it I was a baby. That woman was my mother meaning who I thought was my mom was actually a fake. A burning sensation came from the flames and I cried from the pain. Strong arms started to shake me waking me up from the flashback. Mason was worried about my current state. I was shaking and covered in sweat. When I looked at my wrists they where covered in flames. My forehead too had this burning feeling. Then it went away as quickly as it came leaving an odd white scar around my wrist. The scar was in the shape of a flame with characters written in it. Mason picked me up from the floor and held me in his arms clutching on to me like a life line. More images came back to me he held me. The flames dying down and leaving everything in ashes. The circlet looking unharmed and me reaching for it. Placing it on my head and feeling my body temperature change from hot to cold and back again. Passing out and waking up not remembering anything but seeing my supposed mother yelling at Rose and me. When it finally stopped, I had calmed down. Mason had sat on the floor still clutching me in his arms.

"Who every made you like this will die," he growled holding me tighter to him.

"She already is...."i whispered as my energy drained and my eyes slowly closed. I heard Mason calling my name before I blacked out. As I slept I began to think. If my real real mother was Aneesa and my father was Lucas then they must be the Ledoe's. That also means I am the rumored lost 'princess'. The reason I lost my memory was because I put the circlet on after my mother who erased peoples memories. The body temperature change must have been from the circlet changing from fire elemental to snow. But none of this explains why Rose had to leave heaven, how Vicky's grandma knew any of this, and my weird scars. What are those weird characters? Whats on my forehead? Why do I have them? How did I end up with my fake mother who gave me to my adopted family? There where to many unanswered questions that bugged me so I decided sleep would be best. Plus my wolf was howling at me to sleep so she could regain energy.

I woke up in bed with three faces full of concern hovering over me. Sitting up I groaned from the pain. Mason attacked me pushing me back down on the bed. He kissed my face, neck, and lips.
"Ok, ok get off me!" I shouted.

"Sorry, babe. I just missed you so much. You were out for a week," he kept kissing me until I got annoyed and grabbed his shirt lifting him off me like he weighed a feather. Wow when did I get super strength? 'Because your amazing' mason mind linked.' Get out of my head.' I placed him done next to me and looked back to the room. The whole pack cramped into the alpha room trying to get a glimpse of me. I looked at Mason pleading with my eyes to make them go away. I was in no mood for them now. He understood and quickly shooed them away saying I was fine and to go back to work. He closed the alpha door, leaving Rose, Paul, Mason, and me. They all looked to me for an explanation of why I passed out. After an hour of explaining, they all looked at me with wide eyes. Rose did not remember anything so that did not give me any more leads. Mason cradled me in his arms the whole time, not wanting to lose me again.

"So what do we do now? It is not like we can barge into the capitol and say hey everyone get out of Luna's spot she is the queen!" Rose imitated.

"I don't know. That is why I was hoping that together we could come up with an answer," i replied.

"For now you should rest. All that emotion and scaring is defiantly to much strain on you," Mason hugged me tight before allowing me to lay down.

"Only for a bit, then I am going to find out what else I can do," closing my eyes I felt Mason cuddle up next to me. For now I was safe but once the high council gets word about me, it will be a whole bucket of trouble.