Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

To many problems to fix at once

I woke up before Mason and slipped out of his hold.

"Aww, babe I was comfy. Come back," He moaned and tried to reach for me. I pulled him out of bed and onto the floor.

"No, my stomach says it's time to eat more of your pancakes," I tried to drag him to the door but he gripped my arm and pulled me to the floor next to him.

"Let me go it's food time,"

"not unless you cook for me this morning," Mason started to tickle me and I laughed so hard I cried.

"ok,ok stop tickling me I'll cook," he kissed my forehead and released me. I walked out the door and into the kitchen. Pulling my hair into a tight ponytail I began to cook some eggs and bacon. Rose came down stairs rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"You are cooking? Can I have some?" She plopped down on a chair and drooled over the smell.

"Sure I'm making enough for everyone," I finished up and placed the food on plates. Mason and Paul joined us both shirtless and smiling. Rose and I just starred at them mouths gapping.

"As much as I like seeing you two gap, we are starving," I tore my eyes away from his toned chest and pointed to the table full of steaming hot food. Paul joined Rose in eating and Mason came to give me a thank you kiss. After breakfast, we got ready for the pack meeting to fix any problems. Paul and Rose welcomed the pack members in while me and Mason talked to everyone about there problems. Most of them said that other packs where closing in on our borders. We had a shortage of fighters and most of us where to young to start training. I meet the wolf who broke the law. Her name is Sheila and she was telling me the whole story of what happened.

"I took a ran as usual in the afternoon. I always run by the borders just in case we have a few short by our side and need a extra hand. There was a stream near by and I was thirsty so I took a drink. Then a human girl got to close to the border. I growled at her to step away but she moved closer to me. She called me puppy like I was some lost dog to her. I tried to push her back but she just kept coming closer. Soon I nudged her with my head to the other side but she held on to my fur so tightly I could not shack her off. She thought it was fun to be swung around. I changed into human form so her hands could stop gripping me. She let go and just watched me. She grew afraid of me and ran. I tried to follow her but a man with a gun came and I had to shift back to protect my self. He shot me by the shoulder so I ran. I had to break the law, I did not want to but there was no other way. He had a gun loaded with silver bullets and I scared a little girl," She broke down in tears and I hugged her tight.

"It is all right Sheila, You are safe now," I held her until her sniffles stopped and I let her return to her family. Something about her story did not seem right. How did the man know where the girl was and why was he there in the first place? Was he her father or just some random criminal? Things just did not add up and I would have to speak with Mason about it. For now there where to many problems to deal with. Other packs invading, Sheila, finding and or training warriors, not to mention my real mother if she ever comes back. To many things are affecting the pack at once and I could not fix them all. I looked over at Paul and Rose, they looked so happy together. Holding hands, stealing kisses, laughing and having a good time just being together. My head started to hurt from all the problems and emotions. I said goodbyes to the pack and headed upstairs to rest. I quickly got into bed and feel asleep. When I woke up Mason was coming into the room with a lunch tray.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty, it's lunch time," Mason handed me the tray and I scarfed down the food hungrily. He watched me eat, just starring at me.

"Is something wrong Mason?" I looked up from my food and saw Mason's eyes turn a deep shade of black, lust.

"Yeah, everything is fine," He turned to go but I caught his hand before he left.

"Don't go, tell me what is wrong," I tugged him back towards me. He took the tray off the bed and placed it on the vanity. Mason came back and sat across from me, holding my hands in his.

"I want to give you space and prove to you that I really do care about you but I can not ignore the lust. If you let me mark you then it would help and I can give you all the space you need afterwards," He was pleading me no he was begging.

"I..I don't know Mason.....there is so much going on....you don't need to give me space anymore I know you care...but..I...just...not sure if you marking me will affect me," he laughed and looked me straight in the eye.

"Wouldn't it be a good thing though, we are mates after all," he had a point. I was just afraid of what would happen. Guess nothing bad will happen plus I am with Mason he would not hurt me.

"Mark me,"

"you sure, I don't want to force you," he was so hopeful.

"Just do it," Mason gently put his arms around my waist and pulled me gently closer till I was sitting on his lap. Then ever so carefully placed his lips on mine. This kiss was different then the rest. It was gentle yet he poured every inch of passion and love into it. He slowly moved his lips from my lips to my check and down my neck leaving a trail of red marks as he went. When he got to my shoulder, I moaned in pleasure. Mason had found my sweet spot and licked, sucked, kissed it to death. Then, once he was satisfied, he sank his canines into my skin. At first it hurt and then it the pain stopped. Mason pulled away and smiled at the mark.

"Babe it is beautiful," and he kissed me breathlessly. After our make out session I pulled away and left him hanging. I wanted to see the mark. Moving away from him, I made my way to the bathroom mirror and gasped. The mark was a black and brown wolf surrounded by clouds and water. It was gorgeous and I could not be happier. The only problem was that since he marked me my lust for him will increase and my focus on the problems will decrease. why does everything have to be so difficult?

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................