Wine - Part Two

Beginne am Anfang

I waved the surprise in his eyes while shifting into a more comfortable position. "I know that you must have been forced into this, Kai. I trust you, and your tears aren't something you can fake. So don't apologize," I continued, planting my head back at the pole behind me. There was silence between us then, and I closed my eyes in hopes to silence the numbness spreading in my body with the pain in my head. The blood had stopped pooling over my chin by now, but the pain was still throbbing.

"Hani.."

"No, Kai. Stop apologizing, please. It breaks my heart."

"Why?" I opened my eyes and swiftly glanced back at Kai, and I caught the sight of his still teary eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, not understanding why he was asking that. Why, why what?

"Why does it break your heart, Hani? Aren't you a little angry?" Kai's eyebrows furrowed as well; and I realized he was as confused as me; just on different aspects.

"Actually, I'm angry that you had to take me hostage, because that was a cowardly move. But I cant judge you; whoever your Wielder is, they have your card, and it may cause your death. I've told you before, you can never take death lightly; you have to be selfish. I guess I'm pissed, but not at you," I blew out a deep sigh, wiggling my wrists together because the knot was too tight, and they were itching me to the point it was painful. I was one hundred precent sure my wrists were turning blue.

I stared at Kai again, and I saw him shifting to rest his back on the pole while closing his eyes. I had a clearer view of his jawline, and I noticed the bluish bruises near his ear. My heart thumped, and I guided my eyes up to stare more closely at the condition Kai was in. His black, lush locks were dirtied and brown; and I had the idea it was because of blood. His hands were turning red because the tight tie of the cloth was cutting off his blood circulation; and his wrists were turning blue. My heart squeezed, he was in the same condition I was in, though his wounds weren't healing which would explain they had played with his card as well.

"Why are you tied up as well?" my mouth blurted out, and Kai snapped his eyes open to look at me with a sniff.

"They tied me up against a pole so that I won't be able to teleport to them alone, since teleportation works with physical contact—"

"No, the boys told me you can teleport anything you want even if it's not beside you," I cut him off with a frown, and Kai's eyebrows furrowed.

"That's true, but that requires a high mental state of calmness, meditation helps; but I don't think I'm in a state to do that. They know that as well, that's why I'm all bloody and tied up to a pole which stretches to the ceiling of the entire warehouse. So if I thought of teleporting, I'll be forced to take down the entire warehouse with me. In my condition, it's impossible," Kai explained, his eyes unconsciously looking up at the ceiling with panic he tried so hard to hide away from me, but I caught it, and I couldn't help but soften.

"Hey, hey, Kai," I called out for him to look at me, and when he did that, I could still catch his panic.

"Listen, we will get out of here, okay? I will get you out of here."

"How?" his voice cracked at the said word, and I didn't sense such vulnerability in anyone as much as I felt in that single word coming from Kai's mouth. My heart quivered and I felt my entire body shaking.

"We will try anything, okay? And we have the boys. I've been gone for a long time and I'm sure Joonmyeon has already went up to check for me on the rooftop. Have faith in us, alright? I will get you out. I just have to figure a way to cut through this cloth around my wrists.." I tried standing up on my legs with my hands behind me, and my back arched backwards as I tried doing so. I dragged my legs up further, and slowly; I was standing on my two feet with my hands behind my back. I turned around the pole in a whole circle when I realized I was able to move the cloth as well.