I actually, couldn't help touching his face and when he held my hand . . . sigh. His rich sent and those eyes, were almost my undoing. I had to quickly exit and go straight to my room.

I feel a connection growing between us. I just hope I don't get hurt in the process.

I got dressed in a black cold shoulder top, with a gold chain and white shorts. I wore my hair loose, with white deck sneakers. I looked ready to go sailing.

I went downstairs with my favorite book. I made myself a cup of coffee in the kitchen, my favorite room in this grand house. I'm starting to feel at home here, which takes getting used to.

I wanted some quiet time by the pool, before everyone else woke up. I walked outside with my book and coffee mug in hand. I headed for a lounge chair by the luxurious pool and patio. I feel like I'm at a hotel.

The pool and patio area is complete with a waterfall. It sits below a teakwood deck, right off the back of the house. That's where Alex proposed to Megan.

All of a sudden, I heard someone splashing in the pool.

"Good morning, Justine." Brandon scared the daylights out of me. I almost dropped my ceramic coffee mug.

"Corwin, why are you swimming this early in the morning?" I scolded him. He was in the pool, flashing me a bright beautiful smile. My heart skipped ten beats.

He swam over to the side of the pool near me, and rested his arms on the patio.

"I always go for an early morning swim, when I'm at my mother's house. I'd ask you to join me, but obviously you're dressed for sailing." His eyes twinkled with amusement.

He got out of the pool, with his swimming trunks. He put on a t-shirt and swaggered over to me.  I suddenly couldn't breathe, I'm used to seeing him in a business suit and tie. He looked a lot different with his broad defined build, and was more muscular than I had realized.

The man is absolutely stunning. He looked suave and debonair, fresh out of the pool. I started stuttering, and couldn't get out a complete sentence if I tried.

He was getting a kick out of unnerving me. He knew exactly what he was doing. I must have blushed for days.

I finally, gained my composure. "Corwin, I came out here for some quiet time. I wanted to read a book and drink my coffee before everyone wakes up."

He grabbed my book out of my hand, "This sounds interesting—I didn't know you liked romance books?"

"Most women enjoy romance . . . now can you please give me back my book?" I held out my hand with annoyance, while he was being mischievous.

"I'll keep that in mind, Miss McKay. I'm going to get dressed, I'll see you at breakfast." He nodded his head at me and his hand grazed my arm in a light touch. Water from the pool, dripped from his hair. He headed toward the guest house.

I stood there watching as he left. I was still trying to recover from his
presence and his touch. He knew how to make a memorable entrance and exit.

* * *

Everyone met for breakfast in the breakfast room. I was dressed casually for a day of sailing.

Brandon was dressed in a pair of ripped jeans, and a polo shirt, that fit him to perfection. I still have to get used to seeing him without a suit and tie.

"Liliana and I have a play date with my best friend, and her granddaughter today. I hope you all enjoy your day sailing on the boat." Cecilia announced to everyone at the table.

"Enjoy your play date, love bug. Be a good girl, we'll will see you later." Megan blew a kiss to, Liliana.

"Come give Daddy a hug before you leave." Alex, locked Liliana in a bear hug and giggles bubbled at the back of her throat. He really loves being a father, and it's a joy to witness.

I'm so happy that my sister found a forever family. Part of me was envious. I wish I could find a love like that.

I never thought I'd see the day, my tough girl exterior would start to soften. That all changed the day Brandon Corwin showed up in my life.

"Are you ladies ready to set sail?" Brandon looked around the table. But his eyes paused, focusing on me and my breath faltered.

Everyone was ready to get our day started. We had to take two cars. Chance and Avalon rode in the car with Alex and Megan.

Brandon held out his arm to me. "I guess that leaves me and you, Milady. By the way, you look gorgeous today. I love your sailing inspired outfit."

He caught me off guard by his compliment. "Thank you Corwin, you look great. I'm not used to seeing you in casual clothes."

I left out the part about how he looked this morning in swimming trunks.

Brandon and I got in his Range Rover. We followed Alex's car over to the marina, for a day of sailing on the Corwin V.

~Please Don't Forget to Vote/Comment~