Chapter 10

Justine

I woke up early in my amazing cream colored guest bedroom. I never had anything this grand.

I love the soothing damask design on the wall, in rich taupe and cream. The chandelier above my bed is gorgeous, with the cream bedding and the mirrored night stands. Everything about my bedroom, and bathroom is luxurious.

I laid in bed engrossed in my thoughts, about last night. How Brandon is so different, from any man I have ever met. He continues to astound me.

He startled me, when he came into Liliana's bedroom to read her a bedtime story. I must have looked a sight, after she did my hair. I didn't know Brandon would see me. 

Liliana was up to her matchmaking, again. . . .

Liliana's bedroom at Grandma Corwins house is every little girl's dream.

She wanted a light pink and lavender theme. The walls are painted a soft pink. There are beautiful hard wood floors covered with an area rug that has a cream, pink, and purple design.

Her bedroom set is complete with a trundle bed. Shelves line the walls, with a library collection of children's books from around the world. She has a custom made toy chest, with every toy imaginable.

I feel like I'm in FAO Schwartz, being in her bedroom. Mrs. Corwin really wanted a grandchild and she dotes on, Liliana. She is still the sweetest little girl and isn't fazed by all of the wealth that surrounds her in her new family. I love that kid.

I was mortified when Brandon took out his cellphone to take my picture and post it on Facebook. I was relieved when he actually listened to my threats, after I looked in the mirror.

The funny thing is, he made me feel like I was beautiful. He moved on and read the story like I was a super model—sitting there with Liliana on her bed.

I really did enjoy the way he brought Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss to life. That was my first book I fell in love with, at five years old. He brought back a fond memory of my childhood. That's when I was still with my brother and sister.

That memory, was priceless. He could read the phone book, and women would swoon. He has a deep rich vibrato to his voice that is unique.

He had me at, "I-am-Sam." His voice could melt a frozen pond outside in the winter. I could barely inhale—the way he would sweep his long dark eyelashes up at me, as he read. The man is simply, extraordinary.

I felt a twinge in my heart, pulling me into the vortex that is Brandon Corwin. I wanted more than anything to get lost in the storm clouds of his grey eyes.

I love the easy banter, he and I share. He has a witty, funny side, I find so attractive. Most guys in his status of life would be arrogant. But he is so gentle and humble.

I wanted not to like him, to keep myself aloof and distant. But that's next to impossible, the more I get to know him.

When he invited me to go sailing with him, that caught me unawares. I'm not a weepy, emotional type of girl, but he made me feel special.

There was something so sweet, about the way he invited me. I could tell that something was bothering him. I was about to get choked up.