Chapter 9

Serenas POV

"For a while now I've been seeing this girl, Hollie" Calum begun.

"Yeah I think you've told me, us, about her" I said.

"Yeah, I want to take the next step" he said.

"Next step meaning?" I asked.

"I want to ask her out." He said.

I let out a chuckle and he looked at me questioning.

"What" he said.

"You call me asking to meet me, saying you had a problem and this is your problem" I said and he looked down at his feet.

"It's a cute problem" I continued. "How can I help you?" I asked and he lit up.

"Well, I, uhm" he stuttered. "How do you ask a girl out? Or how does a girl want to be asked out?" He asked.

"Well in my case I don't want anything fancy. A simple 'will you do out with me' can make me say yes. It doesn't have to be a big thing. It could be as soon as you get a second alone from your friends" I said thinking about how Luke had asked me out.

"Can I text ask her?" He asked.

"Really Calum?" I said looking at him.

"That's a no then" he said and we both laughed a bit.

"It's a definite no!" I said.

"Then how?" He asked.

"Well if I was her, I'd want it face-to-face. It makes it more sweet and personal" I replied.

We spent the next hour talking about when and where he was gonna ask and if she said yes what they would do. I was sure she'd say yes. I mean Calum is such a sweet guy why wouldn't she?

I looked at the time. 01.30am.

"Calum I think I have to go. I have a" I stopped and thought about what to say instead of the word 'date' "somewhere to be tomorrow and I don't want to look like a zombie" I said letting out a small laugh.

"I understand. It's 1.30am after all." He said as he got up and reached his hand out reached his hand out to help me up.

"Yeah pretty late huh" I said and he just nodded.

We walked back to the shops, which were all closed, obviously. It's weird, me and Calum usually never spend time just us two, and we spent a whole lot of hours together too. It felt weird but nice, I got better contact with him then I already had.

"Good bye S. Thanks for everything" he said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"No need to thank, you can always call me whatever it is, anytime of the day." I said as we let go.

"Thanks, you're a good friend" he said.

"So are you. See you around, and tell me what she answers" I said then turned around and walked to my car.

"I will" he said then he also turned around to walk home.

I snuck in very quietly and went to my room and I was asleep within a minute.

The next day I woke up at 1.30 pm. I'd slept for almost 12 hours. Wow. I got out of bed and went to take a shower. I was meeting Luke at 4.30 at his house. I wonder what he had planned.

After doing my makeup a little extra nice, I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a loose black crop top and straightened and put a flower crown in my hair, the crown contained of small white and pastel blue flowers. I then went down stairs.