•Chapter 24•

I got up from bed at 6:55 AM to get ready for school. My everyday first subject schedule is 8:30 AM and I am so nervous and kinda excited to meet new people in my new environment.

It seems so long ago when I'm just attending my class in Seoul with So Eun and now, I'm starting in a new surroundings again with no one, with just myself.

After taking a bath, I wore my uniform and I hanged my backpack on my shoulders. My hands slither the cloth of my perfectly slit plaid green skirt as I watch myself infront of the mirror. I fixed the untidy colar of my button down shirt and wear my school ID.

"You're so beautiful, honey!" Mom greeted me as I walked downstairs, she hugged me and she brushed her fingers through my hair.

"Thank you, mom." I said and chuckled. I wrapped my arms around daddy's shoulder who is busy reading newspaper infront of the dining table.

"Good luck on your first day, Irene." Dad said. "Don't be nervous, enjoy it okay?" Dad added with a hand gesture of 'okay'.

"Aha!" I grinned while nodding. I took a bite of sandwich and drink my milk in one shot. The digital clock attached on the wall says that it's already 8:00 AM and I need to go now!

"Mom, Dad I gotta go." I said hurriedly.

"Oh! Our driver is already waiting for you outside, Irene. Good luck!" Mom said and I bid good bye to them.

I ran as fast as I could to reach my first subject and I reached my room at exactly 8:31 AM. Phew! I'm one minute late. It's fine though.

I haven't step inside the classroom yet when someone talked to me. "Who are you, miss?" A woman in 50's asked strictly. She raised her left eyebrow and she fixed her falling eyeglasses. She moves like a professional and showing sophistication in her every moves. Oh crap!

"Irene Choi, ma'am." I answered and bowed slightly my head. I bit my lower lip unconsciously because of embarrassment and pinched my finger.

"Okay, get in." She said and turned her gazed to my classmates who are staring at me.

"Next time, I don't want anyone of you to come in my class late. Understood?" The professor asked with an arch on her brow. This is bad! I have a terror teacher, kill me now.

"Even in just one minute late, I can't accept that." She added.

The professor asked us to do a seatwork and I can't believe this. Hello? Today is just our first day for Pete's sake—uh no, my first day.

"Ate may papel ka?"
("Do you have paper?")

Come on. This is the first week and yet she don't have paper? How about pen? Err, bag? Kidding.

"Here." I gave her one intermediate pad and she thanked me.

After my three consecutive subjects is my vacant so I decided to go to the canteen to buy some snacks.

"Hey Irene!" A familiar voice shouted my name and there I saw York waving his hand to me. I waved back and he walked towards my table. "Can I join?" He asked and I said yes.

"So how's your first day so far?" He asked as he unwrapped his sandwich.

"Kinda good, kinda not." I said honestly and chewed my pizza.

"Why is that?" He chuckled while looking at me like a funny clown. "Can I guess?" He asked.

"Go ahead." I rolled my eyes.