Chapter Twenty

Harry

"I'm leaving after lunch."

The chattering in the bunker stopped. Niall paused his spoon on the way to his mouth. Louis looked over at me.

"I'm sorry, what did you say? I don't understand bullshit."

I sighed.

"I'm leaving after lunch. I'm going back to the library."

"No, you're not." Liam said.

"Yes, I am. I have to."

"You have to stay here," Zayn said, standing up. "You can't go back there."

"I know you boys are upset but you have to understand that-."

"That what? That you're stupid? We understand that and because we do it's our job to try and prevent you from doing naturally stupid stuff." Louis huffed.

"Listen, I wrote a note telling her I'd be back in three days. I can't not go ba-."

"You're going back for a girl that you met a month ago? You've known us for how long now, Harry? Seven years? And you're going to run back to her without a second thought for us." Zayn said, standing up and walking to stand in front of me.

"Hey! I didn't say that at all. You think I haven't thought about this? Of course I don't want to leave you guys but-."

"But what?" Liam asked.

I opened and closed my mouth, trying to form words. But what? I wanted to go back because I felt like I had to.

"Please just try and understand." I sighed.

"Forgive us for having a little trouble understanding why you would leave your so called 'brothers' for some girl you like." Zayn calmly said.

"You guys were pretty gung-ho about me liking her before."

"So you admit that you like her." Liam said blankly.

"Don't twist my words. She's my friend." I groaned. "I'm not worried about you guys here. Okay? I mean, yes, I constantly think about you, but they are in the heart of the city. They face the danger of Containers everyday. You guys live outside the city, outside the danger zones. I need to be with them because I won't be able to stay with you not knowing what's becoming of them. I have to-."

"We have a plane." Niall piped in.

"For fuck's sake, Niall." Louis mumbled.

"He was going to leave! I had to say something!"

"You have a plane?" I asked, my voice getting louder. "What does that mean?"

"We've been in contact with people back home. They're sending over a jet to get us out. We need to get to get to JFK. It'll land on the runway, we'll run on, it'll leave. That's it." Louis slowly explained. "We were waiting to tell you."

"Bullshit!" I yelled. "Were you really going to tell me or were you just going to force me onto the plane with you?"

"We didn't think you'd be stupid enough to want to stay here so we wouldn't have to force you! But now we might!" He seethed back.

"How much room is on the plane?" I asked, trying to sound calm.

"It's a jet. It'll fit 10." Al whispered. I turned to look at him. "You can pick two people to join us if you'd like. Bring your girl and someone else."