50. Sa-rang-hae

"Jinny?" call me when I am about to startle Jennie unnie from behind, I was strolling around Hongdae with Natty and my eyes accidentally bump to Jennie unnie who's standing in front of clothes store. I was about to call her when I saw her waving her hand to someone, Jinny.

Of course Jennie unnie sometime come to Jinny's house to talk with me, to make sure that Sommi is not around. But not even for once I saw her talk with Jinny, that's why this feels strange if they meet behind my back, and Jennie unnie's face smiling ear to ear as if they already be friend for such a long time. My smile faded when I watch them hugging and walk to opposite side of my state.

I walk behind them, as close as I can, so I can eavesdrop their conversation. I cross the street and entering the café and sat near their table, face palming I pretend to read the menu.

"Thanks for coming." Jennie unnie beam beside me. "I don't know who to talk with."

"That's okay Jen. I told you to call me whenever you need something. We had the same desire, beside." She answered with the same cheery voice. "I don't want to waste the time." Somehow, her words send me shiver down my spine. I know who she is, the fearless Jinny who won't flinch at anything she want to do. No matter how hard it was, no matter how dangerous it is.

"I'll go home." I tell Jinny and her family when we had dinner together. Her father look at me with sad eyes, I love him and already count him as my own father since before. Every time bad thing happen, and it must be caused by me and Jinny, but he would only blame Jinny for that. He trust me more than to Jinny. That's what he did once I got home with bloody hand to his house, he angrily saying that he will make Soomi spend the rest of her life in jail. He trust me, he trust me that I am not the one who try to kill Soomi. He trust me even when my mother can't.

"Why?" he ask me half whined make me smile cutely.

"I should face all of this uncle. I should meet mom too. No matter if she cant trust me, she had no one but me." And he nodded half heart.

"But there is no one will able to watch on you 24/7." Jinny told me, I rolled my eyes on her.

"I am not a baby." I tell her annoyed, she always think that I am weak. She always said that I am as dangerous as fire, but she also not forget to remind me that fire won't stay alive if there is no gasoline.

"Yes, and I will be relieved if you are baby."

"Why are you always babysitting me? We are in the same age." I whined make the mother chuckled while patting uncle's shoulder. "I will go home. And I promise you to take care of myself."

--

I step out from B.I's car, watching the house in front of me make my heart aching. I miss this place. I grab my chest when I feel something, sadness grow inside my chest.

"We can always come back to Jinny's place." Said B.I from my side, right hand hold my bag and his left hand hold my hand. I shook my head and smile at him.

"I am okay." I assure him and hold his hand tighter. I am okay B.I. "It's only my mom. She also didn't believe in me last time beside. So what's the difference now?"

--

"Hi." He said startled me when I read a book in the library, standing in front of the shelf book, I watch to the man across me. He bite his lips, bit scared of rejection. Holding the book on my hand, I roll my eyes and continue reading the book as if I never seen anything, never heard anything.

He said that he will save me, he cried and hug me saying that he will save me. Yet, he always trying and pushing our luck every time we are near together. I still remember when he silently help me in the class, when I am zoning out and the professor seems know it, she ask me about the thing, and he give me the clue. Act like this won't help.