5. Coffee

"You are home." Said mom happily with a bright smile painted on her beautiful face. I didn't expect she will be this sweet toward me after what I said this morning. I annoy her, just because I got annoyed. She then hug me, and kiss my forehead.

"Why don't you sleep?" I ask her while looking down at my feet, feel guilty in sudden.

"You are not home yet, how can I sleep?" she ask sweetly. I hug him muttering my apologize to her. I shouldn't make it worse for her. I knew she is in pain, more than what I feel now. I just don't get it why did she agreed for all the thing the man who betray her ask for her to do.

His last will, is only to take care of his own son. Its written there, that they had no other family members. So he ask my mother a.k.a the wife he left years ago to take care of his son. Why did this sounds funny.

"He arrives few hours ago." She doesn't need to tell who's the one she mention, of course its the son. The new son that my father gave to her. "And now he is sleeping. Promise me you will take care of his feeling, okay?" now I should promise for this shit. Oh damn, if its not for my mom I wouldn't do this stupid thing for that cheater parent's son.

3 hours ago Marco called me. He said its not right to treat mom this way. If I got hurt this deep, just how deep it is for mom. But she smiles, always smiling like a weak person. Marco said, mom help the son for me. He said, mom is crying to think how if that son is me. Will someone help me and give me the warmness of family. I hate it, but Marco is right. I am trying to put my feet on the son's shoes. It must be hard to live alone as a 20 years old boy.

"I promise." I whisper half heart to my mother. For you mom.

--

"Hey girl, mind to join our party breakfast?" Marco said when I am down from my room greet him with my bright smile. My heart feel lighter after I try to tell myself to forgive my father.

"What's for today, chef?" I ask him while hug him and joining mom at the dining table kissing her cheeks, and then facing someone who's mom pointing at. Him. My step brother.

Suddenly I don't feel like to eat whatever Marco cook. He looked at me in the eyes, that time I recognize how his eyes resemble of fathers. Brown and warm like a cup of hot coffee in the middle of the winter. Its sparkling like an ice in the middle of the summer.

I miss the eyes that resemble with someone I used to know. And now I am craving for it. The eyes who belong to someone. Him. My step brother.

 My step brother