Tell Me About It

Never Look Back (Chapter 42)

Ally

Mani and Lauren had a long talk before we all had breakfast. It was a quiet one too, if you ask me, and maybe a little awkward for me and Mani to be in the Jauregui family feud breakfast edition kind of thing. But we're here for Lolo, and that's all that matters right now.

"Okay, the doctor's appointment is in an hour. You need to go now to beat the traffic. Robert will drive you there, okay?" Clara said packing us some water and snacks, which was so motherly of her. It makes me think about what really happened between Lauren and her parents. I mean she kept telling us that her parents were not parent material and stuff, but seeing these things? What made them change? Was it Ava?

"Thanks Mom." Lauren said monotonously as we walked to the car, grabbing the paper bag from Clara and bidding the family goodbye.

Mani talked to the family about Camila's  restraining order, and explained Camila's side of the story, and no matter how bad it the court order sounds like, Mani explained it to the family to the point that they will not hate Camila. Mike wanted to fight it, but in Mani's words, "We can't fight what we deserve. And maybe it sounds horrible, but it's what we need to accept." After all, Camila's still her friend, and as much as they want to press charges, they know they won't win. It's blood against name battle. Camila's blood relation to Ava is stronger than just a name.

--

"How are you feeling, Lo? What's on your mind?" I asked as we sat on the doctor's office.

"Horrible. Like I'm a monster for doing those things." Lauren says it softly as I hugged her tight.

"You are not a monster. You are not a horrible person." I said to her as she shook her head in the hug.

"Then what am I then?" She grumbled.

"You are Lauren Jauregui. And you are going through somethings that we are going to discover today. So chin up." I kissed her head as we were called by the doctor.

--

"Tell me about yourself, Lauren." Doctor Lexie asked, as Lauren looked at us, then back at the doctor. "Are you comfortable with them here? We could ask them to leave if you want."

"No, it's okay. I want them here. They make me feel calm. And safe." She said softly as we moved to the couch behind Lauren.

This doctor's appointment was taking longer than usual. She had head scans, stress tests and what not's, and thank goodness Clara packed us food, 'cos I am beginning to get hungry.

"Tell me about yourself , Lauren."

"My name is Lauren Michelle Jauregui. My parents are from Cuba, but I was born and raised here, in Miami. I moved to Manhattan for University and moved back to Miami again. I'm an Artist, and a Musician, and it also is my coping mechanism. I've loved music since I was in middle school. I have a daughter, Avalyn Michelle. She's 7. Right now she's with my fian—ex – uhm, step mother Camila in California. They moved when somethings happened a couple of days ago."

"Let's start with your childhood. How would you describe it? How were your parents like while you were growing up? Siblings? Extended family around?"

Lauren looked back at us again as Doctor Lexie put her hand on Lauren's knee.

"Are you sure you're okay with them hearing these things? You don't look comfortable." Doctor Lexie asked.