Two Years

Never Look Back (Chapter 25)

LAUREN

2 years. 2 years went by so fast. Alot has changed in the span of two years, and I have never been this happy. I'm still working on art, and getting my works displayed in my gallery. The music store was turned into a lounge, which has a bar and a little Cafe that Ally and Troy own. We will go to Troy and Ally in a while, but the Cafe is doing great. The music lounge also teaches music to kids, teens or adults. We have some recording booths in there, and some producers and artists come in once in a while to record. Ava has been spending almost all her time in the music lounge, and she enjoys all that music and arts business around, that she opts to spend her weekends helping out on the lounge.

Speaking of my little Avalyn, she's already 7. The magic number SEVEN. She just lost her two front teeth, and she has been smiling wider than she's ever been. Why? She said that she'll only get the chance of losing her front teeth once, and making the most out of it. Okay, whatever rows that little ones boat, I will support. She recently just told me about a boy in school, which I was so mad about. She's just 7. I can't help but be over protective of my little girl. Ava said he's a transferee from Mexico, and he doesn't talk that much English. She's helping him out, by being his translator and I guess they've been friends ever since. Sounds familiar, if you ask me. 

Ally and Troy? Yup. They already have a 1 year old, Aaden. Oh, that little boy just brightened up our lives. He looks so much like his dad, and Ally is so smitten. Ally doesn't get to spend so much time in their restaurants, so they had to scout in more chefs and managers to take over, which we luckily got close with. Our circle of friends is getting bigger. And guess what, Ally has another one on the way. I really hope it's a girl. Troy's going to spoil her like she's been spoiling Ava. 

Speaking of spoiling, Camila, who has been the number one Avalyn spoiler, is doing well in Normani's firm. She actually is one of the top lawyers in Manhattan, and she claimed her spotlight in just two years. I couldn't be more proud my brown eyed girl.

---

Sunday. Like any Sunday, we get to spend it drinking Mimosas overlooking Central Park. Ally,  Troy and Aaden were already waiting for us, with Jacob and Bea, the Chef and the Manager Ally hired for her restaurant. Anyway, they're also a couple, which makes going out much easier for us. 

"Camzi, if you could go a little faster on putting your clothes. Ally's already pissed." I shouted from our room, as Camila was still deciding on what dress to go with her purse. The purse should go with whatever dress you're on, not the other way around.

"I don't know what dress to wear!" She shouted from the closet as I huffed and walked inside. She was just in her lace underwear, and If I wasn't food hungry, I would've eaten something else, if you know what I mean. 

"Baby, white. This lace dress looks gorgeous on you. And will also go well on that stupid purse. So put it on now." I said as I tossed the dress on her direction, earning a glare. Oh fuck. "Please?" I smiled to her nervously as she started dressing up, without even looking at me now. I could hear her mumble some words that I couldn't even hear anymore. Okay. I'm doomed.

"Always in a hurry." She said in a low voice as she put on some pale lipstick, and fluffed her hair. "You don't even have your shoes on, and you were shouting at me to hurry up?" She asked me sighing. "Unbelievable." 

"I love you." I cheekily smiled as she just scoffed and walked past me. I walked to my shoe rack and picked the one nearest to me, which was the black boots, ofcourse.

"Momma, hurry up." Ava shouted from the staircase as I rolled my eyes. "Please?" She shouted again as I hurried and grabbed my purse on the way down.

In 15 minutes, we were already sitting with everyone else, as Ava and Jacob were discussing about some dessert they'll be working on this week.