Please Don't Leave Me.

Never Look Back (Chapter 13)

RECAP:

"I know Lucy warned you, Laurencita. Why don't you listen?" I heard Carlos say as he kicked my shoulder, causing me to fall down on the pavement, still holding my stomach. I put my hands up and I see blood. 

"Ava, run." I screamed as I saw my daughter's face, with tears in her eyes. Run, Ava. 

———————————————————————————————————-

LAUREN'S POV

I closed my eyes as I saw Ava run as fast as she could. She's a smart girl, and she'll know what to do. I heard footsteps, opening my eyes as I saw Carlos' cane getting closer to my face. I was in too much pain to move, but I struggled to put my arm up to cover my head. I felt the impact of the cane on my arm, and I swore the pain was unbearable, I think it's broken. 

"Boss, we lost her." I heard a deep voice say beside Carlos who sighed deeply. 

"You stupid assholes." Carlos said angrily to whoever he was talking to. I start to feel dizzy, I guess from blood loss and I feel my eyes starting close. I heard shuffled footsteps around me, and voices I can't seem to process. The footsteps were getting far, and I heard small footsteps running to me. 

"Momma." The familiar voice said to me. I feel her grab something on my pocket, and sniffling. She was crying. I tried my best to open my eyes. Just a peek to see her face. "Help my Momma please." She cried to whoever she was talking too. "Please. I'm here I see blood on her tummy." She was sobbing now, but I still can't open my eyes. It's getting harder and harder to open them. "Park. Cente-centr-central park." She said as she held on to my hand, I feel her squeeze it tight, as I squeeze her hand too, with the little energy I had. "Faster please, Momma's almost sleeping." She cried as she put the phone on loud speaker. I tried to move my head, but a shooting pain on my neck stopped me from doing so. I shrieked in pain as I felt Ava hold on to my shoulder too. That was painful too, so I groaned in pain.

"Av- Ava." I softly said as I tried to open my eyes. I did, but it was getting really heavy, and I was growing really tired. 

"Momma, don't leave me. You said you won't leave me. Momma. Please? I love you Momma don't leave Ava please?" She sobbed as she put her cheek on to mine, as she was whispering don't leave me softly to my ears. I feel her tears dripping down my neck, and some onto lips.

I swore I heard those exact same words 5 years ago.

FLASHBACK

"Lauren, I'm sorry. It was an accident, we were so drunk—" 

"Lucy, you know how much Luis meant to me. Why?" I was sobbing now, I can't seem to fathom everything that I just heard from my bestfriend. She's pregnant. 

"I know know. It was an accident, a really really stupid mistake we did."