Liar

Never Look Back (Chapter 17) 

RECAP

"We added Human Trafficking and Drug Cartel this morning as what I told you, there were also new cases of murder that were brought upon us that was associated with Mexico and Cuba's best lawyer who died of a car crash a long time ago. Camila, what last name do you use?" Normani asked me as my chest was beating fast. This can't be happening right now. 

"Cabello-Estrabao." I softly said as Normani sighed on the other end of the line. 

"Camila, are you associated with Attorney Alejandro Estrabao, the car crash victim in Cuba?"

"He's my dad." I whispered to the phone. 

—————————————————————————————

LAUREN'S POV

I woke up and smell an unfamiliar scent beside me. It's not the perfume and the shampoo I grew accustomed waking up to, and it scared me just a little. I opened my eyes, and see my little sister cuddled up to me, her head on my shoulder, still peacefully asleep. I checked my phone beside me, and it's just 7 in the morning. I decided to get up, and make coffee for myself, 'cos there's no way I'll be able to go back to sleep again. I tried to get up on my own, leaning on my goodside as I swinged my legs off the bed. I did it!

"La-Lauren? W-wh-what are you d-doing?" Taylor said as she stood up immediately, running to my side. "You should've woken me up." She said as she held on to me, helping me up.

"I'm not paralyzed. I can to things on my own." I spat to her. I just heard her sigh as she followed me outside the room. I checked up on Ava's room, maybe Camz was there sleeping with her, but all I saw was Chris' left arm dangling off the bed, and Ava who was sprawled on top of him, holding on to his shirt. Where the fuck is Camz? Where did she sleep tonight. And there we saw her on the living room couch, her laptop on her lap, as she was sound asleep. 

"Oh Mila." Taylor said as she took Mila's laptop off of her lap, putting the couch blanket over her body as she positioned her so she could lay down on the couch comfortably. 

"Finish" She mumbled in her sleep as she cuddled the blanket close to her. She looks tired, but she still looks beautiful to me.

"I love you, Camzi." I kissed her head and went straight to the kitchen, as Taylor followed me, again.

"Taylor, you don't need to follow me anymore. So please just scram" I spat to her as I sat down on the island, as I put my head on my arm, feeling emotionally drained. "I can do things on my own, I don't need a fucking babysitter Taylor!" I screamed at her as she looked horrified. 

"I'm just trying to help, Lo-" 

"But you're not helping me! Just fucking leave me alone!" I screamed at her again, my blood boiling with rage. I can't seem to control my emotions anymore, and I've been snapping on people. This is not good. I took in a deep breathe as I closed my eyes. I opened my eyes as I saw a teary eyed looking Taylor who was looking at me. "I'm sorry for snapping at you Tay. I've been sleepless and stressed and I don't know what to do." I broke down then and there, with Taylor holding me. "I don't know what to do."