Eternity

Never Look Back (Chapter 20)

RECAP:

"All I can say is, I can attest to all of these cases against Carlos. I was his lawyer for the past years. After he killed my son, Luis on that accident, I lost myself. I knew I had to change. I quit, and he was also sending me threats. I just want a bright future for Ava, like the majority of this court. And Carlos is not a fit grandfather, nor a good citizen of this country. He should rot in jail for the murder of my son Luis and her daughter Lucy. He should rot in jail for what he did to Lauren, and Ava, and Sinuhe Estrabao."

---------------------------

CAMILA

We had a recess before the final verdict, so we had time to calm down. Ava was obviously tired, and I couldn't blame her for sleeping soundly on my arms, clutching on my dress shirt. Finally, everything would be over. Every fear we have would be gone, and we could all relax and live life as we want it to be. Lauren and I could live happily and freely, leaving the past behind us. We'd be happy, and that's all that matters.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you, Mila." Mike said kissing my head. "For all it's worth, I wish he'd rot in jail." He smiled sadly at me.

"Me too." I whispered as he hugged both Ava and I in a warm embrace. I'm really thankful for the Jauregui's and their support and their love. It's something I love about them. Knowing their troubled last about their relationship, I'm really happy that they were able to mend their relationship, and it's all thanks to the little girl in my arms. She turned our lives upside down.

Lauren. I really hope she'd get past through this. She may look badass on the outside, but her heart is a fragile thing, and she's very sensitive and vulnerable. But I'm here, I'll always be here for her and Ava.

"So if we could have dinner with Ava, that would be great." Antonio said hugging Lauren.

"Ofcourse. Ava's your granddaughter. I wouldn't keep her away from you." Lauren said smiling at Antonio.

"We'll keep intouch, Mija." He said kissing Lauren's head.
-----
LAUREN

The court resumed and we were all sitting and waiting for the verdict. It was such a blur, and all I could remember was my dad hugging me, and everybody in our corner jumping up and down. If I heard it right, the judge said lifetime imprisonment. I didn't hear much about what they'll do with the money, but I really hope it goes in good hands.

"It's over!" My mother said hugging me tight, crying.

"Praise!" Dinah said behind me, as they were cheering.

Carlos was handcuffed, and pulled out of the room, looking down. He thought he was going to win today, but the odds weren't in his favor. Justice was served today in Cuba, and everyone's rejoicing.

We headed to our apartment, as we made sure to have packed for our little celebration at the beach house. We had food and drinks and music, and everything was glowing under the sunset.

"Thank you, so much." I said kissing Camila's lips passionately. "I owe you my life, my love." I said as I looked straight into her eyes.

"Well, if that's what you meant by forever, then I'm in." Camila smiled at me as she kissed me softly.

"Forever is not enough love." I said as she looked at me confused. "Eternity." I said as she smiled widely kissing me with so much passion my heart started fluttering.

"I love you." I whispered to her ear as I hugged her tight.

"Not as much as I love you." She answered back, shaking her head.
-------
Camila brought me to her father's grave the next day. Ava came with us as we walked to the cemetery hand in hand. I could feel Camila tensing up, as Ava was walking slower than usual, clearly curious on what she was seeing around her.

"Is your daddy funny, Mami?" Ava asked as she looked up at Mila. They both lost their dads at a very young age, and with that. I'm very fortunate to have mine running around, and joking about random and unnecessary things.

"Well, he was. He would always run around the house imitating somethings off the television, and he would always say jokes to me, pull on pranks and tickle me. Our house was always full of laughter." Mila said smiling at Ava as she nodded her head.

"How about your daddy, Hun?" I asked squeezing her little hands.

"He was funny too. He makes Mommy smile, and it was a nice smile. He also makes sure I smile too. And tickles me alot. I miss him." Ava said sighing, looking down.

"It's okay, love. Sometimes, you'll miss them. But it doesn't mean you have to be sad. It just means that they meant so much to you. And you love them enough to remember them all the time." Camila said as Ava nodded her head and let go of my hand. She hugged Camila's leg as Camila scooped her up, carrying her and pulling her into a tight embrace.

I kissed Camila's head thanking her for what she said to Ava. They'd have this special bond of losing their father at a young age. They'll have this connection that I would never understand, and for that, I'm very thankful to have Camila in our lives.

"Her we are." Camila said as we stopped infront of a gravestone.

"What does it say?" Ava asked, looking up at me.

"Estrabao." Camila smiled sadly at Ava as she sat infront of her fathers grave. "Ola Papi. I told you I'd be back." I saw Camila smiled sadly at her dad's grave. I sat beside her, putting a hand on her thigh. Ava sat on my lap, looking at Camila intently. "I brought some important people with me, like I promised" Camila looked up at me, indicating that I spoke up.

"Uhm. Hello Mr. Estrabao. It's really unfortunate to meet you like this. But I just want to thank you for raising an amazing daughter."

"And this is Lauren's beautiful daughter Avalyn. And they're my family now." Camila said smiling wide at me as I kissed her lips passionately.

-----
AN: Guess what's back? ;) Sorry for the long wait, 'cos I've been busy, and my schedule's getting tighter and tighter. I can't promise alot of episode the upcoming weeks, but I will try my best. Thanks for reading, and please comment. :)

Btw, I'll also be updating the other story soon! Thank youu!

- Sarah ❤️